1. I moved 6 times during my childhood. From China, to PA, NJ, VA, NY, OH, then to MA. It was hard to make and keep close friends in school and I don't wish to subject my future kids to that.
2. I like some really gross foods (like offals! lol). We had a good twitter chat going about this : )
3. I used to dabble in piano and had a secret YouTube channel. By Asian piano standards, I'm awful. I like playing Asian love songs.
4. I skipped 5th grade and missed the birds and the bees talk in health class. Why did it have to be that year?
5. Sometimes I believe in fate. My boyfriend of 6+ years and I grew up on opposite coasts and applied to a myriad of colleges, but we both narrowed it down to the same top two choices. We ended up choosing the same one and I met him my first day of school!
6. I think the best gift my parents ever gave me was a humble beginning.
7. I had a small "business" in high school sewing clothes & handbags for classmates. My senior year was spent furiously sewing in the basement! I even had to go to the ER after sewing my finger to a garment, lol. Some dresses that I made for proms (don't laugh!):
Next I am tagging a few of my fellow fashion / beauty bloggers. I know they usually don't participate in this sort of thing, but nosy me would like to learn more about them: Alterations Needed (I'm re-tagging you!), Frmheadtotoe, Coastalpolitan, and Kechiko.
Happy Thanksgiving to my US readers!