For today’s installment of styling it 2 ways, I’m showing this breezy ruffled top styled in a more flowy, bump-friendly look while my mom is modeling it in a more tailored outfit great for WFH or business casual wear! Express is having a big promo right now – below are a few other pieces on sale for 50% off!
50% off Denim in 3 inseams (filtered here for “Short” options)
Note: their Short inseam is usually about 1″ shorter than Petite, which I prefer as someone 5′ tall.
I usually look for their “high rise ankle” cuts as well, since ankle runs a little shorter than full length! Earlier this year, I really loved this high waisted slim distressed ankle jean that just got fully restocked with great reviews. It looks great either cuffed up or regular length – see it on me below and also here.
50% off Neutral Sweaters
Cascade Ruffle Top (4 colors) – 50% off
This airy top comes in 4 colors, and has a more generous fit with a blousy A-line cut. I love the romantic cascading ruffles along the sleeves and the lightweight textured material. I have it in ivory (wear a skin-toned bra underneath) and my mom ordered it in burnt sienna after trying mine on! It feels just like an elevated tee shirt that you can style simply with jeans or shorts as well. Measurements of xxs: 16.5″ across armpits, 21″across bottom hem. 21″ total length. For fit reference, my mom is 105lb and a little under 5’2.”
Fully tucked in versus half tucked in the front (how I’d tuck it with denim or shorts):
Right: belted black trousers 0 Short, old leopard flats
- Mock neck sleeveless sweater. Great comfortable and stretchy basic (see it in this post in “saddle brown”). Note that the sleeves have a laser / raw cut edge and since this top doesn’t come in petite sizing, the armholes as sizes go up might be too big on someone petite.
- I also loove the elegant look of this puff sleeve lace top, though I haven’t tried it as I can’t fit into slimmer non stretch tops these days! (FYI from the description, it sounds like you need to pair your own cami or bralette under)
50% off Select Shoes
- Block Heel Sandals 50% off – Starts in size 6. Classic, low block heel slide sandals with great reviews.
- Raffia Slide Sandals 50% off – Starts in size 5. Chic summery flat slide sandals.
- Cap toe slingbacks – Excluded from sale unfortunately, but I wanted to mention these very popular Chanel-esque shoes just got fully restocked starting in size 5!
I heard so much great feedback from you guys (and just loved seeing your photos!) regarding this color block skirt outfit from earlier this year, here is another flattering and forgiving option in a lovely rich color. This midi skirt features a semi-faux wrap style in the sense that the skirt has a regular elastic waistband, but also an additional half skirt panel that wraps around the front and ties, if you want to adjust for a tighter fit. I tie the ribbons either on the side like shown below, or around the back. The stretch in the waistband and the pleats are also very bump friendly!
When lying flat and unstretched, XS measures 12.75″ across the waistband and 31″ in length.
Thank you to Express for partnering on this post.