In the bat of an eye, another year flew past as Nick and I celebrated 2 years of marriage and 13 (!) years together. Last year I wrote about our paper anniversary and his thoughtful approach to the traditional gift. The material for year 2 gifts is traditionally cotton, so in the days leading up, I grew rather curious as to what he’d come up with! A luxe cotton robe? Monogrammed bedding? A dreamy dress? So I had to laugh when I opened my gift, and inside was a fluffy little stuffed bear staring back at me. It was the same bear he gifted me our first Valentine’s Day together (a bear that subsequently got cuddled to shreds during my teenage/college years). Except he’d snuck the little guy off to be restored with fresh cotton stuffing and a thorough wash!
Since wedding season is in full swing, I also wanted to share outfit inspo for my brides-to-be (or, for anyone who just loves wearing white as much as I do)! From more daring bachelorette looks to elegant dresses and jumpsuits for bridal showers / rehearsal dinners, I’ve done the digging for you guys and rounded up my picks below. Some of these pieces are available in petite sizing, and others have adjustable features that should help with fit!
– Express wrap romper (under $50; starts at sz 00) – soft ruffles along the neckline and hem, plus a wrap tie waist lends a sweet look to this one. I also like this floral lace one, with adjustable straps (which make a big difference with fit)!
– Lioness wrap romper (starts at sz XS) – looks like the perfect little white romper that you can wrap, twist, and tie to just the right amount of sexiness. The top half on the model looks scandalous, but other pictures of this same romper show it can be adjusted to your liking.
– By the Way dress (starts at sz XS) – simple and sweet bodycon dress.
– ASOS off shoulder dress (~ $50; starts at sz 0P) – fun, full, and flared for a fashion-forward look that’s still petite-friendly!
– Byron Lars sheath (starts at sz 00P) – this was a perfect fit on me off the rack, and is still one of my favorite dresses. The mixed lace lends a romantic and vintage-inspired vibe.
– Endless Rose dress (starts at sz XS) – this adorable dress is back in stock!
– Aqua scalloped shift (starts at sz XS) – love the clean shift shape with feminine scallops
– Chicwish knotted dress (starts at sz XS)- unique knot front style. I think it’d look even better hemmed to around knee-length!
– BB Dakota dress (starts at sz 0) – 54″ should be maxi length on petites.
– Jill Stuart Mara jumpsuit (starts at sz 0) – this one’s a stunner … love the clean, elegant lines from top to bottom! Petite ladies will have to get alterations (my guess is shortening the halter strap and the hem), based on reviews saying this runs big.
– Aqua mesh & lace dress (starts at sz XS) – affordable dupe of a gorgeous Self Portrait dress. 49″ length will be around ankle length on someone my height.
Leaving you guys with a walk down memory lane ~ we’ve made it our annual anniversary tradition to return to the spot where we exchanged our vows for a photo. And since I can’t even come close to zipping up my wedding dresses anymore, the next best thing is to break out my beloved “something blue” wedding shoes!
2016 – Read full blog post