• Tulip Picking // Striped midi dress + White denim jacket

petite maternity fashion casual outfit ideas

J.Crew striped dress xs (3 colors), J.Crew denim jacket xxs petite c/o (shrunken fit), similar hat, similar belt (kids size L), current version of my earrings

This week we made our annual trip down to Wicked Tulips, a little pick-your-own tulip farm in Rhode Island (~ an hour south of Boston). I blogged about them last spring and hope some of you were able to go! Don’t be fooled by these pictures – it was quite packed with families and fellow photo-enthusiasts, but we did get a peaceful corner of the field to ourselves occasionally. Tickets are required for entry and sold out lighting fast this year, so if you’re interested in going next spring, definitely mark your calendars to check around early April.

striped maternity dress petite fashion blog
    With Memorial Day weekend coming up, I’m partnering with J.Crew to share some packing favorites for a mini getaway! I went the comfy, wardrobe basics route here:

Navy striped dress – this 100% cotton dress is a classic, freshened up by a midi length, side skirt vents, and crisscross strap back (yay for adjustable-length straps!). Fit is true to size, so I went 1 up to comfortably accommodate my belly.

Leather belt – great for visually breaking up prints and accentuating the waistline (even a shifting one…). I’m wearing an old kids one, but this leather boys belt looks similar. Check the online reviews, as someone helpfully left measurements for the belt in boys size S through XL!

White denim jacket – a versatile piece for layering when the weather cools at night, or on breezy boat rides! A few of the reviews say sizing runs small, and I would agree the cut is “shrunken fit” in style. My usual jacket size (xxs petite) is fitted on me and runs smaller throughout than the blue denim jacket I featured recently.

Summer print bikini – So many cute options in their mix-and-match swimsuit selection, with sizing starting in 32a / xxs and different cuts to flatter different bust types! Here’s the updated version of the french tie bikini top (has light, removable padding) that I wore back in this post.

pregnancy style spring fashion jcrew petite
    j.crew petite white denim jacket summer fashion blog
    wicked tulips pick your own flowers farm new englandThank you to J.Crew for partnering on this post.

22 thoughts on “Tulip Picking // Striped midi dress + White denim jacket

• Reply La Bijoux Bella | by mia May 6, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Beautiful photos with all the Tulips 🌷 in the background! 🌷👍🏻🌷

LA BIJOUX BELLA

• Reply Alexa M Johnson May 6, 2018 at 10:20 pm

This is the perfect dress for a weekend getaway!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 6, 2018 at 11:11 pm

What a lovely dress to go tulip picking in! You must’ve been the most beautiful person in the field, Jean! Super beautiful

• Reply Rena May 7, 2018 at 4:00 am

You look adorable in your striped dress with the hat! Lovely greetings from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Reply Simplement Lui May 7, 2018 at 4:18 am

What a great place to visit! We don’t have that here!

Your outfit with this superb dress is great!

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses May 7, 2018 at 4:26 am

Your dress is so pretty Jean and looked absolutely beautiful on you! I love stripes, they’re so classic!

I hope you’re having a wonderful Monday,
      Michael

• Reply Mireia May 7, 2018 at 5:12 am

Absolutely love it!

• Reply chichi May 7, 2018 at 8:35 am

lovely pictures, the white denim jacket looks so fresh!

• Reply Narry May 7, 2018 at 8:49 am

What a beautiful weekend! Love tulips and you are rockin the maternity style 🤗

• Reply Jen May 7, 2018 at 10:15 am

Where did you get your shoes? I am always in the hunt for neutral 2” block heel sandals (so I can walk in them!) like yours that do not expose the toes too much. Thanks!

• Reply Jen May 7, 2018 at 1:34 pm

Where can I get those shoes? I’m always on the hunt for neutral 2” block heel sandals that don’t show too much of my toes. Thank you!

• Reply Jae May 7, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Looks like you had a great weekend! I love visiting tulip fields!
      Jae

• Reply May May 7, 2018 at 7:16 pm

What a perfect day trip outfit! The tulip farm looks absolutely amazing too.

May || https://themoderness.com/

• Reply Elizabeth T. May 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

You look so beautiful, Jean! <3 🙂 Loving these photos! And that flower field is amazing!

XO, Elizabeth

• Reply Petite Teacher May 8, 2018 at 10:58 am

Being Dutch I just loved this blogpost! Love, Lieske

• Reply Loredana May 9, 2018 at 8:05 am

Awww so cute mama!!!

• Reply Suze May 11, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Those tulip fields are so pretty and you look perfect in your stripy dress! I’ve been to the tulip fields in the Netherlands and really enjoyed my visit

• Reply Kristen May 11, 2018 at 8:10 pm

I love this dress on you, Jean! It’s now on my wishlist!!

• Reply Sonali Gupta May 15, 2018 at 2:15 am

wow! you are looking so pretty, I must buy it for my weekend trip,Thanks for share this beautiful pictures, keep it up…

• Reply Esha May 21, 2018 at 1:58 am

Awe! Lovely pictures babe 🙂

• Reply Miu @meetinghalfway June 12, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Hi Jean – I love the timeless style you put together on this post + the cutest baby bump 💛✨
      I’ve purchased the recommended “Crewcuts Boys Leather Belt (Brown)” in size XL, & it’s perfect. It’s very comparable to “Classic Buckle Belt (I have black)” in size S from JCF in terms of sizing!! I loved scoring quality brown color one at discounted price since it’s made for kids. I hope other petite ladies & gents can take advantage of this idea.

• Reply Miu @meetinghalfway June 12, 2018 at 4:05 pm

I’ve purchased the recommended “Crewcuts Boys Leather Belt (Brown)” in size XL, and it’s perfect. It’s very comparable to “Classic Buckle Belt (I have black)” in size S from JCF.