April is one of the best months for sales, so even though it still feels like winter here in the northeast, I won’t let that stop me from doing a little spring shopping! Bloomingdale’s is having 25% off a large selection of items right now (no code needed) with their Friends & Family event. One of my favorite sections to browse is actually their exclusive in-house brand, Aqua. Their XS sometimes runs on the smaller side, and I’ve had several petite-friendly finds there in the past!
This jumpsuit from the sale is very flattering and elongating, especially with the vertical stripes working their magic! I wore this several times while visiting Houston – mostly casually with low slide sandals and a denim jacket during the daytime, and dressed up with heels for a night out with friends. The fabric has a gauzy feel to it and is lightweight and breezy, with a shorter slip lining underneath. The shoulder straps are adjustable in length, and the waist is elasticized for quick and easy on/off (plus is very forgiving for wearing above a bump!).
Be sure to also check out these items as part of Bloomingdale’s Friends & Family sale!
1. Extended sizing denim:
Bloomingdales has a big selection of designer denim starting in size 22 regular or 23 petite! Here’s a few top styles in my wardrobe that I’ve worn and loved for years (bonus: they are all cropped, so no hemming needed on petites):
– Best black jeans: J.Brand Alana jeans in “vanity” (high rise) sz 24. See them on me. The higher waist and “hold” make these super flattering on even short legs! To slow down fading on dark jeans, I wash on the gentle cycle inside-out (only after every couple of wears) and avoid machine drying, unless I want to shrink the jeans down a bit.
– Best white jeans: J.Brand skinny jeans in “demented” (low rise) sz 24. See them on me. I’ve posted these a ton before – they’re stretchy, comfy, and more opaque than other brands. Also … unlike in the stock photo, the distressing does not look very distressed on me.
– Good blue jeans: I don’t have a holy grail pair of blue jeans, but these are good options for petites:
Mid rise, 26″ inseam – Paige Verdugo crop jeans (I go 1 size down in these compared to J.Brand)
High rise, 26″ inseam – J.Brand Alana jeans in their darker blue washes
2. Feminine spring dresses:
– Floral print knit dress – I tried this on and loved the pretty print! Fitted waist styles aren’t my friend right now, but I wanted to share this as a lovely spring / summer dress that’s very affordable ($35 after F&F discounts). XS is stretchy and fits like an XXS-XS. Since this isn’t petite sizing, ladies who are on the shorter side might want to shorten the straps a bit as the only alteration.
– Aqua scallop neckline sheath – won’t fit my current body type, but I’m a sucker for scallop details & white dresses.
– Bow shoulder dress – darling little dress in either rose pink or navy!
3. Warm weather wedges:
– Castaner shoes – Comfy and adorable espadrilles made in Spain (you can read more about their crafting process here!). I have a pair of their wedges in sz 35/5 (pictured here in pic #5) and would say mine fit about a half size big like a 35.5.
Thank you to Bloomingdale’s for partnering on this post.