I reviewed this floral blouse a few weeks ago, and warned that you guys would be seeing it quite a bit! For max versatility, I look for patterns that incorporate my most frequently worn neutrals along with a few pops of bright color. This print goes easily with my usual grays and navys, but also looks cohesive with vibrant mustard or pink. For an alternate option, I also love the look of the delicate floral print on this sleeveless button-down!
My top is currently 40% off w/ NEWNOW. Here’s a few other new arrivals on sale – the soft prints have me eager for Spring!
– Darling, retro-inspired floral dresses: Bouquet wrap dress + Camellia shirtdress (same print comes in a top)
– Scallop hem sweater – wear this airy knit over their basic clean camisole (a closet staple in “nude”)
– Petite maternity – pant options starting in 00 petite (maternity is oftentimes excluded from sale)
Ann Taylor is also having 40% off site-wide w/ FRIENDS40. Their shoe collection has been so good!
– Nicole patent block heel sandals – updated version of their May sandals from prior years (see on me). Those have been a tried & true staple for me. Even though sandal-weather feels far off in the future, I have a feeling small sizes will go quickly!
– Elora suede slingback – simple yet elegant. Black heels are a basic that’s been overlooked in my closet!
– Eryn Suede pumps – your classic, everyday mid-heeled work pumps. I haven’t seen the “toasted sesame” color in-person, but I’m guessing it should be similar to an old tan shade they had (see on me) that’s ultra flattering and goes with everything.
On another note, I recently tried on several different cuts of work pants from WHBM and wanted to share some quick reviews! They don’t have sales very often, but do offer free shipping & returns on all petite pieces.
1. Slim flare suiting pants (pictured in this post)
Cut: high rise, flare leg
Waist Fit: runs big
Measurements of 00 petite: 13″ across the waist, 9″ rise (high-rise), 16.25″ hip, 29.5″ inseam.
Contrary to the one review, I found these to be the most flattering on my current body. The leg cut is long and lean, not too flared, however the waist runs big which worked in my favor this time!
2. Comfort stretch slim ankle pant (could not zip these up for a pic)
Cut: medium rise, straight cut ankle-length leg
Waist Fit: runs small
Measurements of 00 petite: 13″ across the waist, 7.5″ rise (mid-rise), 16.5″ hip, 26″ inseam.
In comparison, these in the same size fit much smaller and lower at the waist. I compared them to recent Banana Republic Sloans in 00 petite, and the WHBM ankle pants are a little narrower across the waist while the ankle opening is wider than on the Sloans (rise and inseams were about the same).
3. Stretch Knit Slim Bootcut Pants
Cut: medium-high rise, slight boot cut leg
Waist Fit: true to size to slightly big
Measurements of 00 petite: 12.75″ across the waist, 8.5″ rise (mid-rise), 16.5″ hip, 30.5″ inseam.
They feel comfy and stretchy almost like thick yoga pants, but the material is actually very sturdy (not thin) and still looks professional. Fit is pretty slim on me from the thighs down to the upper calves, before it gently flares out into a small boot-cut. I’m 5 feet tall and the length of these in petite is about 2″ long on me (if it were a wider flare cut, the leg opening would cover my foot and high heels, and the length would be fine). These also have a coordinating knit suit blazer! You can read more customer reviews under the regular sizing pages.
NOTE: With pants, I always look at both the waist + rise measurements in conjunction. For two different cuts of pants in the same size, a higher-rise style typically measures narrower across the waist opening than a lower-rise style, which sits lower near your hips.