Happy Lunar New Year and President’s Day weekend! After feasting with friends over New Years (Mom is visiting later with a cooler full of homemade cooking), Nick and I decided to head south for a few days to escape the cold. I’m wearing this comfy outfit on the plane as I type – this affordable striped tee is soft and stretchy, and the loose-fitting peplum is very forgiving for growing waistlines. My white jeans are pricier (use code FORYOU15 for 15% off) but I’ve sure gotten my money’s worth over the years. I’ve worn them countless times including here, here, here and here just to name a few!
Below are a few noteworthy sales happening this long weekend. A bunch of my wardrobe favorites are on sale! (including several pieces in my outfit above)
The deal: 50% off (no code needed) + 50% off clearance (code EVENBETTER)
My picks: SO many affordable favorites from J.Crew factory …
- Scalloped T-Shirt – have this in xxs and it’s a great staple. Length is long enough to accommodate a growing bump. Since I’m pale as a ghost these days, I liked the black color best for highlighting the scalloped neckline.
- Scalloped Cami Top – have and adore this in cream & black. See it on me here, here and here in sz 00.
- Bow-Neck Sweater – so simple but so cute! Wear half-tucked with ankle pants or with skirt for work. Would be even better if the bow were removable.
- Striped tie-waist shirt – a lightweight, casual-fit button-up shirt that can be worn for work, or casually tied over jeans or a dress. For a more professional workwear option, I’d recommend this striped button-up which is in a “dress shirt” material and fits more slim throughout (xxs petite is a perfect fit).
- Edie leather loafers – my friend highly recommends these as a comfortable flat! She said true to size if you have normal to wide feet, or go half a size down if you have narrow feet.
- Sweater blazer – so bummed this doesn’t come in petites! I’m recommending this for taller ladies because the nice, thicker knit material feels so comfy and the price is amazing for the quality. On someone my height (5 feet tall), however, the torso and sleeve length are several inches too long and not alter-able.
The deal: 20% off $100+ and free shipping with code 5360
- Affordable petite jeans (!) – these are a newer size option available only at H&M online. I’ve only tried on this style and they fit nice and slim, with length ending right below my ankles. Sz 2 would have been perfect on me pre-pregnancy – that size fits the same as my Topshop Jamie jeans in sz 25 waist, and like my other denim in sz 24. I sized up to 4 for some extra room at the waist.
- Fitted blazer – comes in 4 colors! Several of you asked for more affordable blazer suggestions. H&M is usually my go-to, but FYI petite ladies will need to either fold the sleeves under or get it shortened to fit, and you usually get what you pay for in the fabric quality. I’ll show fit photos of this one soon! It fits narrow, typical of H&M (I take sz 2 in their blazers, which fit like 00) and the sleeves will need hemming, but the torso isn’t too long.
The deal: 40% off full-priced items, extra 60% off sale items with code HAPPY. Ends 2/19.
- Floral shell (also avail. in maternity!) – As shared in a recent email newsletter, the below fitting room pic is courtesy of my same-sized cousin! A floral top in a pretty color scheme is one of the most versatile pieces in my closet. Some of you might remember this old floral blouse which I wore on repeat here, here, here, and in this video. This updated version is even cuter in a lightly textured fabric. I’ve worn it twice already and will be posting several work looks with it, so don’t miss out while it’s fully in stock!
- The yellow trousers below scream spring and made of a nice, thicker material. However, they run big, typical of LOFT pant sizing. My cousin said they were pretty roomy in size 00 petite (on the other hand, LOFT’s modern skinny jeans usually fit us okay in 24 petite).
- Maternity petite pants – LOFT is one of very very few brands out there to make this niche sizing category! I don’t need maternity pants just yet, but a lot of these have great reviews and are usually excluded from sales.
The deal: Take 15% off full-priced items with code FORYOU15, with free shipping & returns (to several international locations).
My picks: The white J.Brand jeans (also avail. in maternity!) and Thierry Lasry sunglasses I’m wearing above are splurges, but have proven to be longtime wardrobe favorites. Also just ordered a replacement pair of Nippies adhesive covers after wearing my latest pair countless times (I get the “light” shade) – I’ve gotten so many friends hooked on these!
The deal: 40% off (no code needed) + free 3-5 day shipping on orders of $75+ (with code BRSHIP). Ends 2/20.
- It’s no secret I love BR Sloan pants, but their fit runs all over the place with various colors and fabrics fitting differently. I recently tried on this olive pair (“flight jacket”) in 00 petite, and it fit much better and slimmer than other Sloans I’ve tried on in the past year!
- Just ordered this striped ruffle top + this check tweed shell for layering over button-up shirts.
The deal: 40% off (no code needed), ends 2/19.
- High waist legging jeans – see my review on the petite vs short inseam
- Dolman sleeve cardigan (also available in regular sizing) and floral striped shirt – see my review
- Little black dress with mesh dot
The deal: 40% off full-priced items and extra 50% off sale items with code GETMORE.
- Pearl blazer and bow pumps (updated version) – see these in my recent outfit post
- Mother of pearl station necklace – I ordered this the moment it came out and it just arrived. It’s a pretty piece that’s slightly inspired by the gorgeous, understated Van Cleef & Arpels alhambra necklace. Since the original runs about $15k and is not in my future anytime soon, this AT one will do!