Retro Glam // Leopard faux fur jacket + leather gloves

faux fur cropped moto jacket bcbg pencil skirt

As a lover of all things retro glam (give me all the cat eyes and pearls!), I get just a little excited it when looks from the past circulate their way back into style. Faux fur jackets are having a big moment again, and I’m especially liking all the leopard-print options that are on-trend but also timeless in a way. I tried on several long coat options that were a bit overwhelming on my frame, but this shorter jacket from Lord & Taylor is perfect for those who want to dabble in the style. They are having an amazing sale right now with lots of markdowns and extra 20% off certain items using code GIFT. They also have free next-day shipping right now (ending soon) on orders over $99, so you can get those last-minute gifts in time by 12/24!

pencil skirt elegant winter outfits for petite women
leopard jacket suede pencil skirt classic petite outfits
This jacket is in juniors sizing, which helps make it a little more petite-friendly. I’m wearing xs and the fit throughout is very good, with the sleeves being just a little long on me. I paired it with a faux suede midi skirt (fit of xxs on me is snug, bodycon-like) and quilted leather gloves for subtle added textures.

Lord & Taylor makes some of my favorite fitted leather gloves – I’ve collected three pairs now over several years! The finger length is still a little long on me (was “blessed” with stubby little fingers that could never quite reach an octave, to the dismay of my piano teacher ; ) but the fit is narrow and better than the majority of gloves I try on. I have one pair each of their classic silk-lined leather gloves and cashmere-lined leather gloves (sz 6 fits pretty small / narrow). These quilted ones fit a little bigger since sizing is “S/M” instead of numerical, however I love the look and functionality! They’re made of quilted leather on the back of the hand, stretchy black fabric on the palm half, and work like a charm on touchscreen phones!

vintage retro inspired style cheetah faux fur jacketThank you to Lord & Taylor and Shopstyle for partnering on this post.

28 thoughts on “Retro Glam // Leopard faux fur jacket + leather gloves

• Reply La Bijoux Bella | by mia December 20, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Such a cute moderne vintage look … love ❤️ the leopard prints coat! ♥️👍🏼

• Reply Melissa at Welcome Objects December 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Love the glamorous look you pulled together. Gotta get me some gloves! Target has a few nice options too, which I blogged about just this week, too. Leopard print mania.

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog December 20, 2017 at 11:56 pm

I love this outfit. So fierce and sophisticated, perfect for workwear! ❤❤

• Reply Sincerely Ophelia December 21, 2017 at 1:11 am

The little leather piece looks great on you! And the whole look is bomb!!!

XOXO //
    SINCERELY OPHELIA

• Reply Abigail Alice Jones December 21, 2017 at 5:08 am

omg, love the jacket and your shades! these photos are beautiful.

Abigail Alice x

• Reply Jeany December 21, 2017 at 5:19 am

Such a gorgeous outfit and I’m so in love with your jacket!
    xx, Jeany from http://vogueetvoyage.com

• Reply YZ Chan December 21, 2017 at 5:47 am

Such a chic and retro look! Loving the leopard print faux fur jacket.

• Reply diaw December 21, 2017 at 10:04 am

this is stunning, babe!
    xx

• Reply Ashley December 21, 2017 at 11:19 am

What brand are the tights?

• Reply Riley December 21, 2017 at 11:32 am

What tights are those that you have on? I’ve been trying to find a good pair for my work outfits for winter!

• Reply Linna December 21, 2017 at 11:52 am

Jean, looking glamorous per usual! Random question: how do you make the decision to go with opaque black tights versus the ones you’re wearing, which are more sheer? Thanks and happy holidays!

• Reply Ankita Bardhan December 21, 2017 at 11:52 am

This leopard print faux fur jacket is perfect to make a grand entrance at New Year’s eve party! You have styled it amazingly 🙂
    xx
    Ankita

• Reply Kay December 21, 2017 at 1:51 pm

You always look so glam, I love it <3

• Reply Jennifer December 21, 2017 at 2:36 pm

I really like your outfit! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Reply Kackie Cohen December 21, 2017 at 2:43 pm

I love the look of a dark leg with a skirt, it is so slimming and lengthening. Are those tights or hose? They seem more sheer than a typical tight and look so glamorous!

• Reply Valeri December 21, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Glamorous to say the least Jean! Really stunning. Leather gloves and faux fur jacket, what’s not to like?

• Reply susan mcmackin December 21, 2017 at 5:36 pm

Can you post some more outfit ideas showcasing leopard faux fur with a more casual style? I have a mid thigh length jacket and a short one more like the one you have on in this post and they mostly hang in my closet unworn. Help me rock this look on another level! Love the dressy look, just asking for more versatility too!

• Reply Mireia December 21, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Reply Karen L December 21, 2017 at 7:08 pm

So beautiful – and I’m obsessed with your sunnies as well; are they rays??

• Reply Elizabeth December 21, 2017 at 11:01 pm

This leopard faux fur jacket is sooo chic! I love the way you styled it with those cat-eye sunglasses! Retro looks are always so cute, especially for the holiday season! 🙂 <3

XO, Elizabeth

• Reply Anonymous December 21, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Love your outfit and as usual you look amazing in all your outfits!!! I’m a big fan being I’m also petite frame. I was wondering the skirt seems to be black but does not sell in black on the link you posted!? And I really need a similar black skirt can post a link that sells one similar. Thanks 😀

• Reply Avigael December 21, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Love your style as usual .. you look stunning!!
    I really wanted your skirt but they don’t have it in black and you seem to be wearing a black one in the picture. Can you post a link that has a similar skirt .
    Always looking forward to seeing your beautiful outfits.. ps; I’m also a petite frame and it’s always so nice to see you looking to stylish and sophisticated with your petite frame . Makes me want to buy all your clothes😂.
    Keep up the great work .
    Sincerely abby

• Reply Marjorie December 22, 2017 at 3:33 am

This jacket is so chic. Love it!
    xx

• Reply Ashley December 22, 2017 at 7:27 am

Hi Jean! Love the sunglasses! They don’t seem to be listed in the outfit details- what brand are they?
    Thanks!

• Reply Mariana December 22, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Beautiful coat! I’m always concern about buying an item that I will not use often. I felt that way about my leopard heels and flats, but I had used them so often over the past year… maybe this coat would be no different.

Jean do you have any warm destination packing guides. I’m on a quest to reduce the size of my suitcase! 🙈 Thank you🤗

• Reply Olivia December 22, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Loving this look! Leopard print is so cute 🙂

• Reply Living Life Petite December 23, 2017 at 2:00 am

So flawless and chic! Gave me almost modern Cruella Deville vibes!! So cute!
    XOXO
    Charlie
    livinglifepetite.com

• Reply Maureen December 23, 2017 at 9:02 am

Love the animal print jacket. Looks so warm and toasty! I too am a fan of animal prints. It’s such a show stopper and add some glam to an outfit. Happy holidays lady and hope all is well.