It’s that time of the year again! Early Access for Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale has begun, and I’m here to help navigate and share some detailed reviews! I’ve combed through thousands of sale items for the best finds, from seasonal staples to shoes in small sizes and beauty must-haves.
Below are all items that I’ve either tried on for fit, or already own (and love) a version of!
Item: Zella live-in leggings (must have!) – just $35
Sizing: starts at xxs; 29″ inseam needs to be hemmed on petites
Despite needing a hem, these black leggings are still my most favorite & worn pair. See on me in xxs here (towards the end) or here. The fabric has good weight and stretch, is fully opaque, and the higher waist sucks everything in without being too restricting. I have two pairs which I wear on heavy rotation for working out, travel (doesn’t cut off my circulation on flights), or running errands. The discounted price can help make up for an easy and inexpensive hem job!
And on the topic of leggings, this fun paneled pair (ended up also getting them in flattering & slimming black) is the newest member of my Zella collection! The crop length is more like midi on me. The reviews are a little mixed – after reading through them I honestly don’t have any of the mentioned issues, so I actually think these might be best suited for petite ladies! Note the bottom leg opening is not tapered enough to be a snug fit on my lower calves, but it wasn’t a deal breaker. I also got this pink Nike sports bra (also on sale) which looks pretty darn cute paired with the leggings!
Item: BP Tale Slides – under $50
Sizing: 4 – 12; runs about half to 1 size small
Comfortable, genuine suede mules for under $50? Yes, please! These run small per the listing. Update: I received mine in size 6 (I typically take 5 to 5.5) and they’re just a touch wide on me at the upper opening, so if you have narrow feet, you might not need to size up or you can try just half a size up.
Item: Blank NYC suede moto jacket – just $125! Also in gray!
Sizing: starts in XS and fits TTS; sleeves may need shortening on petites
BlankNYC comes through again with a sturdy-feeling, genuine suede jacket at a complete steal. This is reminiscent of their popular “Morning” suede jacket (see my review) except the shoulders here are a slouchier fit and it doesn’t have a belt – the latter of which is actually a plus. Not only have I accidentally whipped a friend with the metal end of that thing, but I’ve also had an unsightly incident with the brown belt tip dangling near my crotch…you get the point! The “spice” color is a deeper brown suede with slight terra cotta undertones.
Item: Tory Burch Claire ballerina flat – save $93!
Sizing: 4 – 13; fits TTS to half size big
This might be the sleekest flat I’ve seen by TB. The combination of an almond toe, a slightly lower cut front (just a hint of toe cleavage), and a smaller medallion come together to make this shoe more flattering and lengthening on short legs. See comparison photo below showing the difference! The pebbled leather with piped edges is nice quality, and these did not feel like they’d need breaking in like notorious Revas. Size 5 was the best fit on me. Here’s a low 2″ pump version, with a similar toe shape and similarly steep savings!
Item: Topshop ruffle crop jacket – under $55 (also in 3 other colors but not on sale)
Sizing: sale version starts at US 2 (fits like a 00 / 0)
This is such a chic little navy jacket, stylish from all angles! The peplum + mini ruffled detailing and deep navy color make it look more expensive than it is. A size US 2 is not super fitted on me, but it’s also not too big. Topshop has a similar version on their own website at full price, available in one size down starting at US 0.
Item: AG legging ankle skinny jeans – save $75
Sizing: starts in 23; true to size w/ 28″ inseam
A great price for a staple pair of designer denim. I’ve tried on several AG jeans in the past (including at prior year Anniversary sales), and thought these were more flattering compared to their other legging jeans. These also fit better on me than all the other designer denim I tried on in this sale! The 28″ inseam is just a tad long, but the bottoms have a raw hem so it’s super easy to make them shorter (cut, fray the edges a bit with scissors, then throw in the washer & dryer). I purchased size 24 which has a small waist gap on me, but should be shrunken down after a machine wash and dry.
Item: Longchamp expandable tote – save $65
Signature Longchamp nylon totes that expand from a regular everyday size, to a roomy travel bag. Navy and black are classic, also how cute is the new “pinky” shade? These sold out so quickly during last year’s sale!
Item:Stila Stay All Day Liner & Lipstick Duo– $20 (usually $22 just for the eyeliner!)
My go-to eyeliner AND liquid lipstick in one value set – a no-brainer to stock up on! This also makes a great little gift. The black liner is waterproof, the brush is precise and easy to use, and it really does stay all day. The lip color “Patina” is what I’m wearing in the vast majority of my posts. It’s such a pretty and wearable mauve color, with good lasting power!
Item: Fresh Sugar Lip Romance Set – $26 (a $38 value)
Fresh products are my little guilty pleasures. This set has two of their best sellers for basically the price of just their Sugar Advanced Lip Treatment. I apply the white stick (read customer reviews) nightly before bed, and always have it with me on drying flights. I also regularly use my tinted treatment sticks before running out the door in lieu of lipstick.
Item: Stuart Weitzman Elevated boots – save $300!
Sizing: 4 to 12; calf fits narrow but foot runs 1 size big
Yay to Nordstrom for finally including an OTK boot by SW in this sale (in past years it was always an oddball shorter shaft)! This is a gorgeous boot, if you get the sizing right. They have SW’s signature slim-fit, beautiful stretch suede uppers paired with a stable low block heel. Although the shaft is narrow (size 5.5 measured 12.75″ around the calves – and yes, I do whip out my handy measuring tape while shopping ; ) these felt a whole size big in the foot area. Also, note the 22″ shaft height comes up one inch higher on my thighs than the Highlands or Lowlands.
For additional fit reference, I have both the Lowlands and Highlands in size 5 (read my old comparison review – the Lowlands are a little loose while the Highlands in the same size are snug on me), and I think I’d need a 4.5 in the Elevated style in order to have the same fit. You can read my review and comparison
Item: Vince Camuto split bootie – under $100
Sizing: 4 – 11; fits TTS
These are a super cute twist on a standard bootie, and were also flattering and comfortable! The split design and cutouts also help make it more cool & breathable to start wearing during summer. Ordered these in taupe, but the gray I tried on was very pretty, too. FYI the pair above were not in my right size, so look a tad loose!
Item: Ted Baker London long wrap coat in wool cashmere blend – save $190
Sizing: starts in Ted size 0, which is like a US 00
Ted Baker makes some beautiful, tailored coats that run on the slim side. I get so many compliments on my long navy wrap coat, and this looks to be a lighter-weight option. This is the only item in this top list that I haven’t tried on personally, but I’ve tried several other similar Ted coats and the fit was pretty consistent (I take sz 0 and shorten the sleeves + raise the belt loops). FYI, Ted coats in their smallest size always sell quickly! Here’s another coat included in sale, with a pretty skirted bottom.
– Blank NYC faux leather cropped jacket (runs small) – A great little shrunken-fit jacket for petite ladies. Note only the blush and taupe colors are included in the sale. The black has been a staple in my closet for years (see my old review)!
– KUT from the cloth faux suede jacket (under $60) – available starting in xxs petite! This comes in two pretty fall-ready hues, and looks similar in style to the leather jacket that I reviewed recently but for less!
– Halogen leather jacket in classic black or cognac – starting in xs petite. This one looks soft, and I like that it has a slightly cropped length without too many hardware bells and whistles!
– Burberry funnel neck coat ($400 off) – Similar to Burberry funnel neck styles that I’ve reviewed in the past, updated in a rich Fall hue. Burberry’s size 0s usually run narrow and fit more like a US 00, so petite ladies may just need sleeve shortening and raised belt loops. Nordstrom does complimentary alterations on full-priced Burberry just like at the brand’s boutiques, though I’m curious whether they would still do so for Anniversary sale items! If not, you can always apply your alterations credit benefit that all cardholders get.
– Halogen loafer slides (sizes 4 – 12; runs 1/2 size small) or a fun jeweled version by Kate Spade (sizes 5 – 11). As a trend alert, these loafer slides are everywhere for next season, and are also practical for easy sliding on and off. The overall look is edgier, so those dipping their toes in the trend can stick to neutrals like tan or black as a safer bet.
– Aquatalia Genna Weatherproof Boot (sizes 5 – 11, fits TTS on the slightly narrower side). Aquatalia makes the best weatherproofed, Italian boots that don’t at all look like they’d be “weather” shoes. I have a pair that still look great after a few Boston winters. This Genna style is pretty similar to mine in terms of fit. Please excuse how ridiculous they look with my summer dress (should be much better over skinny jeans)! I’m trying on a 5.5 – there’s a stretch back panel that helps these conform nicely to narrow calves, but FYI just like on my pair, the very top opening still has a small gap on me.
BP moveover flats sz 5 (FYI these have almost no padding, but I love ’em)
– kate spade new york pebbled leather tote – ($100 off). If you’re looking for an everyday leather tote that will fit a laptop and look professional when necessary, this is a good option that isn’t too large at 13″w x 11″h. The pebbled leather is soft, and can look more structured or slouchy based on how filled up the bag is. There’s a zipper across the top, and a floral lining with several pockets on the inside. For a higher-end option with thicker leather, this Longchamp leather tote (same exact 12″ x 11″ size as mine here) is also on sale!
Black vs Mahogany (again, terrible lighting, but wanted to show the print lining!)
– Halogen scarlett over the knee boot – save $70 (sizes 4 – 11). Halogen has been coming out with an affordable tall suede boot each year during this sale! The measurements on this one look bigger in the calf (listed at 15″ circumference), so could be better suited for ladies with slightly wider calves.
Whether you’re shopping for a little one or just need a good gift for a baby shower, these are trusted picks by either my “mom friends” or their babies (how cute is that “breakfast at mom’s” necklace bib?!):
Definitely check out the beauty exclusives tab, as there’s a lot of name brand products and beauty tools in either value packs or exclusive sets!
– Diptyque mini candle set, $55 for a $75 value – this makes a great gift, and sold out in about a day during last year’s Anniversary sale!
– Arcona cranberry toner pads, set of 2 for $45 (typically $35 each) – as mentioned in my travel beauty post (item # 7), this is one of my favorite products that gets replenished once a year during this sale!
– La Mer mini miracles set, $85 for a $140 value – buying this one as a re-stock for my husband, who in his own words “I’m very into skincare this year” and claims La Mer makes a difference (okay Nick…). This is another one where the price of the set is the same as just one of the items normally. But be warned, the jar of La Mer is tiny! When I first bought a standalone jar for $85, I thought there was some mistake, but no. I’ve never seen the cream on sale, though, so a duo set like this is a rare deal!
– Clarisonic mia ($37 off) – I’ve used this exact one for a while now, and order a value set of the sensitive replacement heads each year to split with Nick.
– Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, set of 2 for $29 (typically $22 each) – wanted to point this value pack out for anyone who uses the gel regularly! If I have the extra minute in the morning, I’ll brush this through my unruly brows after filling them in, to help set everything in place.
– Barefoot Dreams Cozychic circle cardigan – I have this filed under gifts, because who wouldn’t want to receive a super cozy, cuddly circle cardigan, with pockets?! I might’ve caved and gotten one as a gift-to-self for upcoming travels. Sizing is more generalized at XS/S and up. Barefoot Dreams in general is not very petite-friendly – this particular style is probably their only one that is. This is always an Anniversary best-seller, so don’t miss out on your size if you’ve been eyeing it!
p.s. this Leith circle cardigan below is very popular, but I’d recommend it only to those who are taller than me (I’m 5 feet). I usually don’t mind an oversized fit on some pieces, but this was so long the pockets hung too low for my hands to even reach (and I want to be able to utilize those pockets!). I’ll post a photo soon of the Barefoot Dreams circle cardigan on me, but the XS/S in that is like a smaller version of the Leith XS, and has a thicker, wonderfully plush texture.
And now for a fun international giveaway to celebrate the sale madness! I wanted to give 4 lucky readers a $250 Nordstrom gift card to shop once Public Access opens on July 21st! Simply follow the Rafflecopter giveaway instructions below, and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveawayIf you’re shopping the sale this year, please let me know what your favorite finds are! And don’t forget to check back for more fit reviews later this weekend!
During Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale, brand new arrivals from popular designers are introduced at heavily discounted prices (sometimes 40% or more)! Prices go back up before Fall begins. As always, hooray for free shipping & return shipping on all online orders, and for a big range of extended sizing (shoes starting in sz 3 or 4, clothing starting in xxs/00p)!
July 13: Early Access begins for Nordstrom cardholders!
July 21: Public Access begins.
August 7: Sale prices go back up for Fall.
How to shop Early Access:
Popular items often sell out within a day or two! If you see something you love and don’t want to wait, you can apply here for a Nordstrom card. If approved, you can login and start shopping the sale immediately online. Other cardholder perks include $100 in credit for alterations, and bonus reward notes!