Pleated Florals + Ruffled Off Shoulder Stripe Top

navy floral skirt blazer business casual spring outfit

Jasmine night floral skirt xxs c/o Chicwish (use code SPR20 for extra 20% off),
Ann Taylor heels sz 5, H&M; blazer sz 2 altered, Express top c/o xsp

rtAs someone who gravitates towards all things feminine and elegant, it’s no surprise how much I love a good floral fit & flare ski. You can pair one simply with a tee for brunch with friends, dress it up with a lacy or silky top for special occasions, or style it more formally with a blazer for business casual attire.

spring work office outfit petite fashion blog

This skirt has a navy backdrop with shades of neutral gray and beige, plus a hint of pink throughout the floral pattern. It has a smooth, satiny finish (but is not shiny) and is fully lined with an invisible back zipper. The color scheme is easy to style with spring tones, and looks classic and crisp with just a white blouse. I also love deeper-hued prints, since they can be carried through to cold-weather seasons with tights and a sweater.

chicwish floral skirt review petite fashion blogger

Chicwish makes some of my most favorite (and most affordable) flared skirts that fit with no alterations needed in xxs. See their teal floral skirt reviewed in this blog post and this vibrant red poppy skirt featured in this blog post (note that one is only avail. starting in xs, which should fit a 25″ waist). Not every style fits the same, so definitely check the listed measurements for each style and size, especially with non-stretch materials like this one. This particular style in size xxs measures 12″ across the waist and 22″ in length, which for me sits perfectly at the higher waist and hits at a flattering point right at the knees.

floral flared A line skirt spring outfit ideas petite style

I’ve posted about this brand several times before, and want to remind readers of a few things about shopping there. I work with them and accept gifted pieces on occasion, and also regularly order from them on my own to test out their shipping, returns, and customer service (as I do with all sponsors) and provide feedback on those fronts. Chicwish is based in Asia so shipping can take several weeks – in the past I’ve had some shipping delays on my orders, but I did always receive my purchases. Return shipping costs are at the buyer’s expense, and they do have a US-based returns address. To help minimize the need for returns, I always recommend looking for items that already have reviews and customer photos posted at the bottom, so you can see how that piece looks on others fit and color-wise. Shopping at international retailers can be hit or miss, but the hits can result in unique, less-mainstream pieces (not to mention, pieces that might fit better off the rack).

chicwish blue white stripe off shoulder ruffled top

striped top xs c/o, Paige petite jeans (old), Ann Taylor heels, Le Specs sunglasses

I also wanted to share fit info on another Chicwish piece that I got a lot of questions on, both in-person and on IG! This striped ruffle top is SO cute and very on-trend, and is comparable to similar tops that are several times pricier. It’s a dramatic piece that’s full in the ruffled area and really stands out – the perfect “going out” piece paired simply with white or blue jeans. Note the XS is loose on me so I’ve tucked it in, and the sleeves are a little long so I wear them folded or rolled. I also carefully snipped off a third partial row of ruffles to make it slightly less full and more proportionate on someone my size. The material is nice quality and wrinkle-resistant (plus stays wrinkle-free after machine washing & drying), and there’s a good amount of workmanship to it with all the ruffles and stitching on those ruffles.

Thank you to Chicwish for partnering on this post.

47 thoughts on “Pleated Florals + Ruffled Off Shoulder Stripe Top

• MizEats March 5, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Love the setting of these photos. You look so pretty in the different outfits!

• Anne Tega March 5, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Gorgeous looks! I am yet to order from them as I have been burned in the past with an international order from Asia, but I look forward to my first purchase whatever it may be.:)

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture and Lifestyle Blog March 5, 2017 at 11:06 pm

The first look makes for a great outfit to wear to the office for spring. And the second look is such a statement look which would look great for a classy dinner.

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Tiffany G March 5, 2017 at 11:09 pm

I love that you're so honest with your sponsored posts. I appreciate that you took the time to test out their shipping when items aren't being sent for review.

• Kat March 5, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Hi love your blog so much as I am a petite person myself and have always had problems trying to find the right size for cloth.

I have a question. Would you recommend the jasmine floral skirt for a July wedding? Especially for a 4"10 person like me, or would it fall too long?

• Michelle Lynn March 5, 2017 at 11:47 pm

I love seeing this ruffled top. I've been curious about these styles but as a smaller person I wasn't sure if I could pull it off. You look so great here that it's inspired me to try something along these lines for a fun spring look. Thank you. Xoxo

• Meghan March 6, 2017 at 12:08 am

That ruffled top is seriously calling my name! I love that Chicwish skirt too. They have such amazing pieces!

Meghan | beyondbasicblog.com

• Rebecca Navarro March 6, 2017 at 12:15 am

I really appreciate the suggestions for styling this type of skirt for business casual! Thanks, Jean! Xo, Rebecca

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia March 6, 2017 at 12:40 am

Love the floral skirt … such a charming style for Spring. 🙂

Você pode ver mais informação para o comentário neste post aqui:

• Dressed With Soul March 6, 2017 at 3:14 am

You look perfect with the midi floral skirt!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Neeltje | Thoughts in Style March 6, 2017 at 4:04 am

The dress is so beautiful!

• Aria Di Bari March 6, 2017 at 4:45 am

This skirt is lovely, i love the print on it!

• Rachelle Pinksole March 6, 2017 at 5:46 am

this is such a pretty skirt, it looks lovely on you.

xo
    Pinksole

• Karen March 6, 2017 at 6:03 am

Gorgeous look, I've been looking to pick up one of these full skirts for the office because I agree, they look really nice with a cropped blazer (never would have guessed yours is from H&M; btw!)
    Have a great Monday!
    Much Love, Karen

• Thao March 6, 2017 at 7:37 am

Hi Jean,

THANK YOU for providing us petite girls with additional resources to shop for clothes. It's super difficult to find clothes that fit when you are 5 ft tall, esp jeans or dress.

A few question if you have time to answer,
    * What is your experience with sizing for petite at Club Monaco and Zara? I love those 2 brands but always find it hard to find the right size for me. It's a hit or miss (sizing wise) for me.
    * What is your favorite petite friendly jeans?
    * Any recommendations for a wedding guest dress?

On a side note, I've found Chicwish (and other greats brands) through you and love the items so far. The items are much better compared to other Chinese website like Shein (terrible fit and quality).

Once again, thank you and keep up the great work =)

• Kirsten March 6, 2017 at 9:57 am

Thanks for sharing some different brands! I do have a hard time buying things from places I haven't tried when return shipping is not free, but maybe I'll check them out anyway. It's always nice to find good petite stores.

-Kirsten // pork & cookies

• McKenzie March 6, 2017 at 10:22 am

This is why I love your blog – you've always been upfront and honest about your partnerships and the experience you've had with them! Love these outfits, especially with spring just around the corner!

• Sasa Zoe March 6, 2017 at 10:53 am

So beautiful!

Shall We Sasa

• Daneisha Smith March 6, 2017 at 11:27 am

This skirt is so lovely and so is this striped top! I'm seeing so many versions of this striped top with the off-the-shoulder look! Love it! Definitely going add a couple to my wardrobe for spring!

• Kaitlin Schubert March 6, 2017 at 11:45 am

This is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for spring!

Katie | Willow and White

• Ewa Macherowska March 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Always love your posts 😉

• Jessica H March 6, 2017 at 2:00 pm

I'm dying over that ruffled one shoulder! And I LOVE your honesty! You're such a breath of fresh air, and I'm sure companies appreciate that too! Curious to see your video about snipping off the third layer, I might do that too! Even though I'm no where near as small as you lol.

xo, jess

alljessedup.com

• Sophie Spiegelberger March 6, 2017 at 2:40 pm

The oversized floral print is gorgeous!

• b. March 6, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Such a pretty skirt! And love the top- you are so brave to alter it yourself but it was a great decision!

• Julia Mazzucato March 6, 2017 at 7:49 pm

I love your skirt and that ruffled stripe top!
    Julia・Little Miss Haute Couture

• Jane Northey March 6, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I love those shoes and your hair!

xo,
    Jane Northey

• Marjorie March 7, 2017 at 10:26 am

Lovely outfit. That skirt is so beautiful!
    xx

• Suzie Q March 8, 2017 at 1:16 am

I absolutely love the ruffled top. I love that dramatic top details are still going on strong this season!

Suzie Q
    StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

• Aubrey Yandow March 8, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Love the skirt, perfect for spring.

xx. The Coastal Confidence – Aubrey

• Susan Yang March 8, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Hi Jean!
    I never knew such a European-like city existed in US until your first post about Charleston. I am just wondering if you think that it would be a safe destination for a single female traveller? How many days do you recommend someone stays there? (Now that you have been there twice.) And what you would recommend in terms of a budget? I am usually a budget traveller. Thank you and I check for new posts everyday. I couldn't care less about social media but I only check your blog. Love your outfits and travel posts!

• Jean March 8, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Thank you, Tiffany! I learned the hard way after working with some brands that had terrible customer service and didn't care for feedback. I'd hate for anyone to waste their money because of something I recommended. Chicwish isn't perfect but I've seen their CS improve quite a bit over the years, and hope other brands will follow suit so we can have more options as shoppers!

• Jean March 8, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Hi Kat! The skirt would be very pretty for a wedding. I'm 2" taller so I imagine it'd be slightly longer on you, however I also love midi-length skirts and wear them quite a bit with skin-toned shoes.

• Jean March 8, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Hi Michelle – I think fashion is all about experimenting! The top definitely is more dramatic on a petite frame but I like that it's a statement piece and can jazz up a simple pair of jeans.

• Jean March 8, 2017 at 10:20 pm

Hi Thao – I love both Club Monaco and Zara but usually need to get things altered. They're both definitely designed for taller ladies. For jeans I swear by J.Brand's cropped jeans, but every wash and color is different so not all the denim is of the same thickness and quality. If you go through my blog you'll see my favorite styles on repeat.

I'm so happy to hear that you loved the two coats! And I'll be doing a lot of posts over the next few weeks on wedding guest wear, so stay tuned!

• Jean March 8, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Thank you for your kind comment, Mckenzie! And sigh…Spring can't come soon enough. There's snow in our forecast again this weekend : (

• Jean March 8, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Hi Susan! Charleston is definitely safe in my opinion for an independent female traveler. I'd recommend 3 to 4 days, depending how much you want to see and do. It's a small city which I love, but some activities and historical sights are outside of the downtown area and would require a car / Uber. I feel it's a little harder for a budget trip just because lodging within the city is on the pricier side, and they have a 10% tax on top of everything which can really add up. However I'm sure with your travel experience you can be resourceful (I haven't checked out air b&bs; and such in the city yet). Hope that helps!

• Olivia March 9, 2017 at 1:11 am

Thanks for another great post Jean!! Is there a link to the IG video story you did about the ruffled shirt? Is it no longer available? Thanks again!

• Susan Yang March 9, 2017 at 10:00 am

Hi Jean, the sales tax is a minimum of 13% in Toronto (this is at an all-time low, I might add), so 10% is good news to me. =) I am a budget traveller, but also not afraid to splurge here and there. What would you say is a good budget for a comfortable 4 day trip there? I just don't know anyone who has been to South Carolina, it doesn't seem like a very popular destination for us Ontarians.

• Anonymous March 10, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jean – Did you get a chance to visit Xiao Bao Biscuit, which you listed as a place to visit in your Charleston guide? If so, how was it? Can't wait to see your updated Charleston guide! You always choose the best restaurants!!

• nazita March 12, 2017 at 2:36 pm

I'm in love with this skirt! I really, really am

Greetings from France