Middle: Manolo Blahnik pumps, Steve Madden heels, Ann Taylor heels c/o
The beginning of the year is always such a humdrum time for me, style-wise (snow boots and big scarves on repeat, anyone?). With the sparkle of the holidays long gone, most of us are just trying to survive winter one day at a time. I dusted off some spring favorites from years past while re-organizing, which definitely got me in the mood for warmer weather. If you're looking to do some pre-spring shopping, there's some great sales going on this holiday weekend. I've rounded up my favorites below, along with some recommendations from each store!
Last year I wore these caramel suede sandals non-stop (see on me here, here, here) and got so many compliments on them. They had sold out quickly, but here's 3 versions available now in time for Spring:
- Leda sandals in the same "aged copper" color as mine (just slightly darker than my natural skin tone and looks great with a tan), with a stable block heel and lots of good reviews.
- Esme sandals with the same slender heel as mine and a tassel ankle wrap.
- Gigi sandals with a pretty crossover front and block heel, also from last year.
I plan to try some of these on soon to gauge fit and comfort (and certainly hope quality didn't change from last year), but wanted to post early since small sizes always sell out first! Another style I love that's been brought back is the May patent sandal with a low block heel (see on me here and here). The patent leather needed a little breaking in for me, but these eventually became some of my most comfortable sandals for walking around the city.
ASOS: 20% off with code PREZ20. I love browsing their petites department (sizes tend to run small) and have gotten so many unique pieces from there! Swimwear season is coming up too, and I've seen a lot of cute arrivals already. Pieces will vary in quality and fit since ASOS carries numerous different brands, but I've never had an issue with returns. Someone also asked recently where to buy petite lingerie - they've got it there! (It runs short in the torso in my experience)
Express: 40% off everything, no code needed.
- Cutaway blazer - close dupe for a beloved white one that I wear all the time, plus with no sleeve alterations needed because it's already 3/4 length! I tried on some Express blazers in size 0 and they were a fairly close fit, so a 00 in certain styles should work well on someone my size.
- Wide leg soft pants - I recently posted on Instagram stories about getting these Talbots rose pants taken in. Several of you were interested, so I also wanted to share a budget-friendly option from Express (starting in 00 short) which I came across afterwards! The Talbots pair is in a beautiful lined suiting material, but their sizing tends to run a little big - I usually need waist alterations on bottoms from both brands.
- Classic trench coat - Still one of the best trenches I've found at this price point, even at full price. The lined material is good quality, similar to that on higher-end options, and it has many of the classic trench details on the shoulders and back. It does not have any traditional sleeve cuff details, which actually can be a good thing for easier sleeve shortening alterations. I received the trench in Express' new petite sizing which wasn't perfect for me (would still need alterations), however their team was very receptive to feedback so I'm curious if updates will be made! It's still an excellent option, and the sale price helps offset any tailoring needs.
- Crochet pencil skirt - for those who loved my skirt from this post, it's back in three new colors! I made DIY alterations so it'd sit higher up on my waist, and shared a photo of the stitching in the aforementioned blog post. Black should be the most versatile, but the dark green looks really lovely as well. This might be one of my all-time favorite pieces - see it also styled on me here, here, and here.
Banana Republic: 40% off your purchase applied at checkout, no code needed.
Anthropologie: extra 40% off sale items, discount applied in your cart. Not bad for Anthro!
Nordstrom: Winter sale for women, men + kids with prices as marked. Lots of sale pieces available in smaller petite sizing!
LOFT: 40% off regular-priced items + extra 50% off sale items with code HAPPY. Their swimsuits are in regular sizing, but I find some of their 1-pieces to run shorter in the torso (as you can see on the model above!) and are petite-friendly as a result! I also like that they usually have lightly padded or at least lined bust cups for decency...