• Sundance Style // Faux Fur Vest + Cozy Sweatshirt

knowlita sweatshirt faux fur vest outfit extra petite

Last weekend was my first time at the Sundance Film Festival and, actually, my first time visiting Utah! The energy in little Park City and the incredible views along the trip blew me away. Even as someone not big on snow sports (mostly due to lack of coordination and skills), I already can’t wait to go back. I was interested in seeing the fashion, since we all know it can be a struggle to stay warm while looking cute! Mostly everyone (including celebs spotted) were dressed very casually in sweaters, vests, beanies … and as suspected, there was no shortage of Canada Goose coats and Sorel snow boots around town.

what to wear at sundance film festival park city

This faux fur vest (with handy pockets!) was perfect since I could easily dress it up or down. It looks elegant with a simple turtleneck tee and coated jeans, can be après ski chic with a sweater and leggings, or casual cute over a sweatshirt like shown here! I thought the quality was very good for the price. My skirt comes in a few other colors and is also good quality – the outer is a weightier fabric, there’s a full lining and invisible back zipper, plus the material is surprisingly wrinkle-resistant through hours of sitting. A 00 regular measures about 13″ across the waist.

snow day outfit sperry luca wedge winter boots

For this visit, I was invited on a press trip for Stella Artois and their clean water initiative with Water.org (co-founded by Matt Damon), so I spent the majority of time on bustling Main Street for events surrounding this charity campaign. To be honest, I had little knowledge about global water issues and how it disproportionately impacts women, who have less time for school or work due to hours spent collecting clean water from miles away for their families.

limited edition stella artois clean water chalice

I had posted these limited edition Stella Artois chalices (about half the selling price of each goes to water.org) on Instagram stories, and got several questions about where they are sold! Here’s a link to their store on Amazon, and I’d caution against unauthorized resellers. The three designs this year are by artists from Cambodia, Brazil, and Uganda, and proceeds from each chalice can provide 5 years of clean water to someone in a developing nation. It was fascinating to hear the speakers talk about what this initiative means to them personally. Although, it also didn’t hurt that one of them was none other than Matt Damon himself! (and Marcus Samuelsson – any other cooking show fans out there?? 🙂

how to wear a faux fur vest winter outfit ideas

I also got to attend a few events on women in film, including a panel by female producers and directors of some of my favorite movies. Despite not knowing much about the film industry, I always appreciate the chance to learn from inspirational and creative women in other fields.

olive green army jacket parka winter coat

In our downtime, we tried to do some exploring despite the very snowy weather conditions. We came across these sweet pups, and they completely melted my heart! Even though they were only interested in nibbling on all the built in “chew toys” in my outfit – pom pom, faux fur vest, you name it!

34 thoughts on “Sundance Style // Faux Fur Vest + Cozy Sweatshirt

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture and Lifestyle Blog January 30, 2017 at 2:25 am

Love your parka and the fur coat!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Miriam Elizabeth January 30, 2017 at 3:17 am

Pretty Photos! X

• Dressed With Soul January 30, 2017 at 3:37 am

So cute your look with the fur vest!
      xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Sophie Spiegelberger January 30, 2017 at 4:58 am

The faux fur vest looks so snuggly and warm!

• Rachelle Pinksole January 30, 2017 at 6:17 am

I have that mini skirt and recognized it immediately on you. Love this look.

xo
      Pinksole

• Maggie Zemanek January 30, 2017 at 6:39 am

This is super cute!! Glad we can still find things to stay warm while looking good!

• Lori Penzato January 30, 2017 at 8:21 am

I love your outfit and your blog!! Those dogs look so sweet!!! I think I would have brought them home with me.

• Anonymous January 30, 2017 at 9:03 am

Hi Jean, love the outfit! Could u pls help advise on why those outside the US cannot seem to access the Express website and whethere there is anyway to access it? Thanks!

• Mlle Coconath January 30, 2017 at 9:25 am

Such a cute winter look!
      xx
      Mademoiselle Coconath

• Daneisha Smith January 30, 2017 at 10:15 am

I absolutely love your outfits! You managed to stay cute and stylish even in that frigid weather. I have to get my hands on a pair of those boots. They are so hot!

• Keri H January 30, 2017 at 10:53 am

Soo adorable! And those pups <3

Enclothed Cognition

• Kaitlin Schubert January 30, 2017 at 10:54 am

You are such a cutie! Loving that graphic tee!

Katie | Willow and White

• mybeautrip January 30, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Such a beautiful snow outfit. Love your parka!
      xx

• Ewa Macherowska January 30, 2017 at 2:19 pm
    • Jessica H January 30, 2017 at 2:26 pm

So stinking cute!! I'm not usually a graphic t shirt but I LOVE this whole entire look and the tee is the one timing it all together!

xo, jess

alljessedup.com

• Plum Pretty Sugar January 30, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Oh my <3 Those pups are so adorable! Love your blog girl!

xo

• MizEats January 30, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Great outfits! I'm a big fan of cooking shows too!!

• b. January 30, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Super cute sweatshirt!

• Katie January 30, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Love how you paired hat and vest in similar textures/colors. I especially like your sunglasses but can't afford the price. Could you suggest alternative tortoise shell/cat eye frames for ladies on a smaller budget? Thank you!

• Julia January 30, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Glad you had fun at the Sundance! A coworker of mine got invited but actually turned down the opportunity recently….

Really love the umbrella you are carrying! How's the quality of it? It looks cute…but is it flimsy?

• Jess January 31, 2017 at 12:04 am

Are you wearing tights or leggings with this outfit? What leggings do you prefer to buy? Thanks! Super cute outfit! :3

• Anonymous January 31, 2017 at 12:24 am

Please stop shopping at Abercrombie. I don't support them and I can't support someone who does.

• Anonymous January 31, 2017 at 1:31 am

Oh awesome! One of my favorite posts ever for the adventures… 🙂

• Jean January 31, 2017 at 4:00 pm

I stopped shopping there for a while due to the offensive former CEO, but he was ousted over 2 years ago, and I've seen the company work hard to change their company values and image (in my opinion, at least). I used to work there and strongly believe the vast majority of employees do not share the beliefs of past leadership, so I have nothing against giving the brand a second chance.

• Jean January 31, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Hi – that must be so frustrating! Have you tried different browsers like Chrome vs Safari?

• Jean January 31, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Hi Katie – it's super hard for me to find sunglasses I like, so this was a rare but worthy splurge based on how often I wear them! I don't have specific recommendations on a very similar cat eye style, but other brands I also like are Quay (usually $50 ish) or Banana Republic, which does have some tortoise shell styles for under $100.

• Jean January 31, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Hi Julia – It's not as sturdy as, say, a purely functional brand like Totes' hardcore umbrellas, but it's not bad : ) I have two from the same duck head brand and they'll last unless you live in very windy rainy conditions.

• Jean January 31, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Hi Jess – I'm wearing doubled up tights! I usually buy mine from Talbots (good quality and the S fits me well), but several other brands have fleece-lined ones which probably don't require doubling up.

• Julie Hiller February 1, 2017 at 10:26 am

What a fun trip! Jealous! I love your winter style. Those pups would have melted my heart too! They're so cute!

Style by Joules

• Anonymous February 1, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Hi Jean! Yes I have but they are all not working! I even got my friend to help but it couldnt load on her browser too. I wonder if they made it inaccessible to those in Singapore 🙁

• Anonymous February 1, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Hi Jean! What are your thoughts on Canada Goose? Given that you've been in Boston for such a long time, I'm always a little surprised you don't own one!

• Marta Gonzalez-Hernandez February 4, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Hi Jean!
      Great outfit! Can you comment a bit about your shoes? True to size, etc.?
      They are super cute!
      Thanks!

• The Mixed Palette February 7, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Hi Jean!

So glad you were able to experience the Sundance Festival! You look absolutely adorable, I hope to make it out one year. Where did you buy your beanie with the fuzz ball on top? I've been looking for the perfect one.
      Thanks!

xoxo,
      Steph

• Utah Girl Am I February 17, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Oh, I'm so bummed I missed that you were here in Utah! I love reading your blog and, apparently, I missed this post somehow. Glad you had a good time! Hope you get to make it out here again soon!