I hope you guys had an amazing holiday weekend! This year Nick and I celebrated in San Diego where his parents live, and were joined by my family from across the world. Some of them hadn't seen real Christmas trees or homes decked out in lights before, so had a field day with photoshoots at every turn. Nick's mom prepared the most incredible Filipino feast for Christmas, with homemade adobo, bangus sisig, lumpia, and so many yummy desserts to boot!
Nordstrom's half-yearly sale has begun, with major markdowns on items that still have good stock! Here's some items worth checking out from the shoes and accessories department, and I've listed some sale clothing suggestions at the end of this post:
- Aquatalia low bootie (50% off) in taupe or black - still left in amazing extended sizes 4 through 13. Love this brand for their weatherproof shoes, and this particular style has rave reviews.
- BP suede wedge bootie (50% off, now under $45!) still left in sizes 5 through 12.
- Ferragamo bow sandals (60% off) in classic nude and black. Other colors are still full price!
- Tons of scarves on sale, several for under $10 like this BP plaid scarf (65% off!). It's one of my favorites which I wear on heavy rotation. See in styled here, here, here and here for some ideas!
I was drawn to the vintage-inspired cut and floral print in a feminine navy & beige combo. You can pair it with dark tights and pumps as well in cooler weather. When standing still the skirt drapes straight down, but with movement it can become more flowy and full.
Please note this skirt is a midi length and will hit petite ladies lower than as shown on the model. The xs is like a 00 / 0 and fits me well widthwise, although lengthwise I have about an inch of material folded over my waist belt (I'm 5 ft tall, for reference). The elasticized neckline is slightly adjustable in the sense that you can wear it higher up on the shoulders, almost like a boat neck (which I think looks very elegant), or lower off the shoulders for a more sultry bardot vibe.
Other suggestions from the sale department:
- Mock neck sweater (40% off, now under $24) in a host of colors - As mentioned last time, I love mock necks as an alternative to too-high turtlenecks!
- Zella midi leggings (33% off) - love their midi leggings for no hemming needed on shorter legs. The capri length is on sale as well!
- Eliza J jacquard floral dress (50% off) - I tried this on and didn't keep since their 0p is a little big on me, but it's a nicely-made dress in medium weight fabric with unique print and detailing. The few reviews are polarizing, but the negative reviewer said it may be best suited for slender body types.
- Nic & Zoe convertible cardigan (40% off) - a classic little cardigan that can be worn 4 ways. My favorites are the crossover (ballet style) and simply tying at the waist. See it styled on me here and here in size Petite P.
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering this post.