• Classic Navy Stripes // Brunch in Belgravia

the fine cheese co belgravia london

Banana Republic sweater xs (40% off w/ BRHOLIDAY) + cable scarf c/o (extra 50% off)
    BR sloan pants in navy 00p, Burberry coat sz 2, Zara pumps

While in London we got lucky with mild winter weather (compared to Boston, at least!) and no rain. Nick wanted to check out the neighborhood of Belgravia with all its grand homes and architecture, and found this adorable cheese shop in the area. For breakfast they have egg dishes, pastries, and a choice of cheese & bread plates which really hit the spot!
    london cheese shop brunch cafe outfit extra petite blog
    I’m working with Banana Republic today as part of their celebrate together campaign – for Nick and I, getting to travel together as a couple this year before a large family gathering is something special that we’ll remember. Paris always has its own charm and appeal, but London was truly beyond our expectations, with so much holiday spirit in the air at every turn.
    burberry daylesmoore wool camel coat winter outfit europe
    For our trip I had packed pretty light, bringing mostly versatile neutrals but in varying textures and prints. This classic striped sweater  is in a durable medium weight knit, with a little ridged texture at each stripe. One of my favorite aspects is actually the mock neck (sorry it’s hidden in these photos!), which falls in between a crew and full turtleneck. For fellow ladies with shorter necks, this fits more like a full turtleneck and can help avoid that dreaded “turtle” look, or the bulk that comes with having to fold a too long neck tube down one too many times!
    banana republic striped navy sweater cable scarf
    This cable scarf is a welcome slimmer alternative to the oversized blanket scarves I love. It comes in several colors and is marked down with an extra 50% off right now, no code needed.
    banana republic sloan pants stripe sweater extra petite
    I tried on this sweater in both xxs and xs, and chose the latter for a more casual fit. The xxs will work well for similarly-sized ladies who want a more fitted look.
    winter outfit burberry camel wool trench coat extra petite London

Thank you to Banana Republic for partnering on this post!

35 thoughts on “Classic Navy Stripes // Brunch in Belgravia

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture and Lifestyle Blog December 22, 2016 at 9:26 am

Gotta say it again – I love your coat. And that first coffee shop photo is so beautiful. That Tiffany blue colour!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Anonymous December 22, 2016 at 9:37 am

Love your look! I am definitely considering trying those BR sloan pants one day!

• Joanne December 22, 2016 at 10:22 am

Jean, are you doing blogging full time? I am working in the corporate world in NYC and dream to venture off and "do my own thing", but struggle to find the courage to venture out. Was it hard for you to "quit" your job?

• Diana December 22, 2016 at 10:46 am
    • Liz | Shopping My Closet December 22, 2016 at 11:16 am

Cute neutral looks!

Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

• THE NEON FACTOR | Diana December 22, 2016 at 11:31 am

Super cute photos!
      || D I A N A ||

• Anonymous December 22, 2016 at 11:46 am

Where is your pompom hat from? I love it!

• Lou M. December 22, 2016 at 12:09 pm

These photos look so pretty! Nice look, love the scarf

• affecionada December 22, 2016 at 12:22 pm

What a special time to be able to travel together, and in such a cute little area!

Jen | affecionada

• IT Girl December 22, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Soooo jealous that you're in Paris and London! We were there last year and had a great time.

Does this sweater fit small? I usually wear xs for Banana and 0P in pants.

• Sasa Zoe December 22, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Such a cute look! Perfect for brunch:P

Shall We Sasa

• Julia Mazzucato December 22, 2016 at 1:49 pm

I love this coat and hat. And this location is so gorgeous for a photoshoot!
      Julia・Little Miss Haute Couture

• Neeltje | Thoughts in Style December 22, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Ah I love this outfit. X

• Sophie Spiegelberger December 22, 2016 at 3:22 pm

That scarf is super gorgeous!

• Shay Holly December 22, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Gorgeous photos! What a lovely location x

• Ewa Macherowska December 22, 2016 at 5:26 pm
    • Sarah Lilly December 22, 2016 at 8:09 pm

This is such a beautiful and classic outfit. Love the idea of the cross between a turtleneck and a crew neck, i have the same issue with full length turtlenecks, they are always so long and I end up having to roll them over a few times!

Sarah Lilly || The Lilly Mint Blog

• Feyi A December 22, 2016 at 11:48 pm
    • Moxy December 23, 2016 at 3:02 am

I actually bought this Burberry coat in black a few weeks ago in their size 2 but I found it to be a bit long in the torso area (belt too low for me) and it is pretty tight – i.e. I can only wear with a light top on. I am about the same size as you but always seem to fit one size larger that what you take. Is your coat a UK size 2 (which is EU 34 and US 0) or a US size 2?

I also note you wore it belted without doing up the buttons. I wondered about styling it like that.

• Malu Swartjes December 23, 2016 at 4:20 am

You always look so lovely, great look!
      xx
      Online magazine about Beauty, Life, Entertainment & Style!
      ps. Add YOUR blog to the BLES Bloggerlist for online exposure:)

• Julie Hiller December 23, 2016 at 9:15 am

I love that big camel scarf! The cable knitting on it is super cute.

Style by Joules

• mybeautrip December 23, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Such a beautiful classy look!
      xx

• Jean December 23, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Hi Joanne – I'm working for myself full-time now and yes, it was a really hard decision (for so many reasons). It took me a long time before taking the leap, so I know a lot of factors must be weighing on your mind! Every situation is different, but I'd be happy to write more about my experience / decision process if it helps.

• Jean December 23, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Thanks! It's from Ann Taylor

• Jean December 23, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Hi there – I don't think it runs small for BR. I just liked a slightly more casual fit for this one to wear with jeans and pants.

• Jean December 23, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Hi Moxy – not sure if you read my review that I usually link to for that coat, but I had the belt loops moved up. It's a fairly simple alteration that I get done on several of my items! My coat is a US size 2, as I found a 0 to be too snug with layers on.

• Joanne December 23, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Yes, please do! I would love to hear about your experiences. I've actually been following you for about 4 years now.. I found your blog during my senior year in college, after unsuccessfully coming back from the mall – empty handed. I had career fair the very next day and could not find a business suit. Everything was too large on me and made me look like complete garbage. After finding your blog, it really inspired me and make me see that it is not impossible to go into the business world as a petite girl. Well, fours years later..I do have lots of work wear that fits me! But after working for 4 year now out of college,I find that (like many of my collegues).. I cannot see myself working at my office job for the rest of my life. The biggest concern is letting go of my salary. I've built up my career for the past 4 years, and my job pays well. How can I give that up to pursue a dream that may not support me as well as my job does? I think the deciding factor is believing in myself… SO YEAH!.. I would love to hear about your decision to take the leap!

• Anonymous December 23, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Jean, I'd also love to hear about your decision to work for yourself as I'm also grappling with the same issue as Joanne. Thanks!

• IT Girl December 23, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Great thnx for the feedback since I noticed that you are a size smaller than me 🙂

• Moxy December 23, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Thanks, I did read your review on the coat and am aware of the belt loop thing. My mistake was getting UK size 2 instead of 0 and I agree it is very snug. I bought from the Canadian website so I guess the sizing was listed differently

• Jessica | Petite Style Script December 24, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Hi Jean, I love this winter look. I actually was looking for a classic camel scarf so this post came in perfect timing.

I was wondering if your pom beanie is navy or black? I'll wear the 2 colors together sometimes. Thank you!

~Jessica

• Sarah December 26, 2016 at 6:57 am

Simply Loved that Scarf!! You look really gorgeous in these pictures..Thanks for sharing..

• Samantha Klinger December 26, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Hi! I was wondering if you had any recommendations for pants.. I love the ones here from Banana Republic and the petite pants at Ann Taylor/Loft, but it seems like they are mostly "ankle" pants when made for petites, and are too short and look strange on me. I'm about 5'2" and have what I think is around a 28" inseam.
      Thanks!

• Anonymous December 27, 2016 at 7:10 am

Hi Jean, How thick is the Burberry coat? Will you survive with it at -15°C/59°F when you wear a thin sweater (like in this post)?

• Anonymous December 27, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Off topic. I was surprised the brunch place used Taika tableware by Iittala. Finnish design is not quite popular abroad. They are beautiful and one of my favourites.