One of the best sales of the season is here, better than ever this time! I had to do a few double takes at Shopbop’s sale exclusion list because very little is excluded!! For 3 days only (*update* sale has ended), use code MAINEVENT16 on Shopbop to take 25% off orders under $500 and 30% off orders over $500 (shop with a friend to get the bigger discount!). There are some designer brands included that almost never go on sale such as all Stuart Weitzman (boots are nearly sold out), Ferragamo, Self Portrait, Aquazzura, Tory Burch (including Revas), and lots more. I noticed Nordstrom is doing automatic price matching of 25% off on several items such as designer denim as well.
Shipping and returns at Shopbop are free within the US, and shipping is actually free for lots of international countries. Each year the good stuff and small sizes sell out ASAP, so shop early! Here are my suggestions, including items that I own and love ranging from designer pieces to basics like bra accessories:
Shoes shoes shoes:
Shopbop has an incredible shoe selection ranging from lesser-known to very popular designers, with sizes starting at 4! I’d definitely suggest going to the full selection and then filtering by your own size.
1. Hunter boots & socks – usually excluded from sale! My personal favorite foldable style (see my review) is still fully in-stock as I write this. These are lighter weight and more pliable than the original tall, and more flattering and lengthening on my legs than their kids boots. I wear these all the time from Fall through Spring, including on light snow days with thicker liner socks inside.
2. Stuart Weitzman shoes (sizes going quickly): including their ever popular Nudist sandals, 50/50 boots, flat Lowland, heeled Highland or new block-heeled Midland (love that they made something in-between!) boots.
3. Ferragamo bow classics: 30% off is an amazing discount on their signature Vara block-heeled pump and Varina flats (see on me) with some colors starting in size 4! Their “B” width is good for those with narrow feet. I have these shoes in navy, beige, and tan and the flats did require some breaking-in for me.
4. Sam Edelman “Blake” booties – these are a beautiful taller suede ankle bootie with a slightly pointed toe, that helps lengthen the leg-line. I took my usual size 5, and also ordered the Campbell booties and am waiting for their arrival.
5. All Sorel styles are on sale – I don’t see my exact boots, but their popular lighter-weight and lighter-weather Out & About booties are included. Sperry also makes a cute weather boot called the Saltwater quilted boots that I’ve tried on and found to be pretty true to size, warm and comfortable.
– J.Brand Alana jeans in “vanity” wash (with shorter 26.5″ inseam) are my holy grail flattering black jeans, with no hemming needed on most petites. See my older review of these and again in an outfit. They now make the Alana cut in several different washes and an even shorter “crop” length with 25″ inseam! I haven’t tried the other washes and materials yet, so note they can differ in feel and thickness.
– Olive skinnies: If you’re looking for olive ski
nny jeans (which are surprisingly hard to find this year), Siwy makes a pair that looks pretty classic with a 28″ inseam. I like looking for jeans that look like high waters on the models (like these J.Brands with a 25.5″ inseam and these Free People jeans with a 27″ inseam), since they might fit normally on petites without hemming needed!
– Rag & Bone jeans in “la paz” wash with 28″ inseam. I’ve been wearing these for years and they’re still going strong. The material is slimming and doesn’t stretch out for me (and if it does, just pop it into the wash and machine dryer for a bit). I’ve had a few readers ask me about the rip in one of the pockets – it’s supposed to be part of the distressing design and not a defect, because every single pair in this wash is ripped at that same place.
– Ray-ban aviators are some of the first to go from this sale! I have and love the mirrored blue ones and matte brown ones that I got from here years ago, both of which they re-stocked. I just ordered the Highstreet in hopes that it will work out on my face shape!
– The usual favorite Clare V bags, including new styles like this mini leopard calfhair tote.
– Bras from The Little Bra Company. I was excited to see Shopbop start to carry some TLBC, as I often hear that the try-on process without free ship/returns from their own site is a deterrent for many readers. My favorite strapless is still the Sascha underwire with removable and convertible straps. Starts at 28A.
– NuBra – I have an older style of this stick-on, reusable bra but am due for a replacement. There are tons to choose from on here (lowest priced is the basic featherlite Nubra), so please let me know if you have a specific recommendation!
– Bristols 6 nipple covers in 3 shades – I’ve tried a few other brands and the either the coloring, shape, or opacity did not work out for me. My friend however swears by these and says she wears them on the regular (the adhesive should be re-useable for many wears/gentle washes). There are lots of positive reviews from others too, so I’m excited to try them out, on sale!
– Bra converter clips – Use them to clip regular straps into racerback-style, perfect for hiding straps under tops with a narrower shoulder line.
– Calvin Klein perfectly fit wireless contour bra. This is one of my favorite wireless t-shirt bras or for lounging at home.
Gifts and fun things:
How cute are these? Jewelry stand with three types of storage for necklaces/earrings/rings (just ordered this), bling ring tray for engaged friends, Ban.do floral thermal mug, “I am very busy” agenda, and eyelash eye mask.
If you’re shopping this sale, let me know what you picked up!! And for those of you who do the shopping for your men, don’t forget to check out the same sale at East Dane (Shopbop’s “brother” store with lots of good mens brands).