It’s here!! Today is the first day of early access to Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale for cardholders (access for non-cardholders begins July 22nd). This is the best sale of the year – it’s 33 to 40% off on brand new arrivals from popular designers, not old merchandise, and prices go back up in ~two weeks. You guys know I love Nordstrom for their big selection of hard-to-find sizing (including shoes from size 4 through 13!), and free shipping + return ship on all orders, which makes online shopping risk-free.
1. Cole Haan Marina OTK Boots, sizes 5 – 12 (save $170!). I got these exact boots last year and LOVE them (read my review). The stretchy suede fits my legs like a dream (for reference my troublesome calves are ~ 12″ around), the shaft is not too high, and the quality is really nice. Mine are black but I saw the gray in-person and it’s gorgeous. The pointed almond toe runs a little narrow in the front, so go half size up if that’s usually a fit issue. Small sizes went quickly during last year’s sale, so don’t miss out if you wanted them, and don’t forget to add this leather & suede protectant to spray on prior to wearing. See the boots on me:
2. Halogen Owen lace-up flats, sizes 4 – 13. Got these in 2 colors. Definitely one of the best sale items and for under $60! These have good reviews aplenty for comfort, and can jazz up a simple outfit. I’ve mentioned them before as affordable alternatives to designer versions, and love the new colors that just arrived: jewel-toned suedes, a spotted calf hair, classic black and a leg-lengthening blush (this color usually sells out the quickest).
3. Anastasia brow kit in 3 colors – $36 (a $58 value). I’m guessing this one won’t be in stock for long…I use all 3 of these popular products and paid full price. The dipbrow pomade will last forever – I’ve hardly made a dent in mine over months! Anastasia says it can also be used as an eyeliner, which I haven’t yet tried.
4. Stila Stay all Day eyeliner set – $20 (a $34 value). I have tried so many liquid eyeliners and this one is amazing. Super pigmented, glides on, waterproof and really does stay all day. I was just about to order a replacement ($22 which lasts me a while despite daily use) when I saw this value set is $20 for both a FULL SIZE eyeliner and a small tube of their popular lip gloss? I’d be a fool not to! Update: I was initially confused, but am confirming this indeed included a full-size tube of their eyeliner!
5. Sun & Shadow Suede moto jacket (UPDATE!) – $132 (down from $198) is an absolute steal for a genuine suede jacket. I finally had a chance to try this on and did find it to be petite-friendly in the shoulders & overall length! If you missed out on my BlankNYC brown jacket (see on me) which sold out in a jiffy earlier this year, this is a great dupe for an even lower price. Size xxs fits like a 00 – 0 in my opinion, the cropped length works for shorties, and the suede is very soft and pliable. The sleeves are a little long on me (I had my BlankNYC sleeves shortened, zippers and all) but you can scrunch them a bit.
Measurements of an xxs (keep in mind suede has some thickness and jacket is fully lined as well): 14″ across the shoulders, 16″ across the armpits when zipped up, 19.5″ length, 22.5″ sleeves, and 5.5″ sleeve width. Don’t miss out on this one!
– Treasure & Bond windsor block-heel booties, sizes 5 – 12. As classic-looking as booties get. Mid-heeled and in 3 versatile suede colors. This brand doesn’t make a lot of styles, but the few pieces that I do own from them has been of good, durable quality.
– Vince Camuto Feina bootie, sizes 4 – 11. These with a front dip are the most similar style I could find to the VC booties I got last year and wore all the time. UPDATE: These fit true to size (I would take 5.5) and are flattering on the foot!
– Hunter Moto moto rain boots, sizes 5 – 12. Edgier style from one of my favorite brands. They also have a kids version for a lot less, also on sale (I usually wear a kids size 4 in their rainboots, which is like a women’s 5.5).
Tall boots shopping…aka a nightmare for ladies with short and/or narrow legs. Please remember that online measurements are usually taken off a standard size 8, so will be smaller or bigger depending on the actual shoe size you get!
– Steve Madden Eturnul OTK boots (ordered), sizes 5 – 11. Another genuine leather tall boot for around $110 which is very very good. These are listed by Nordies at narrow calf but the description says 15″ around which sounds normal fit. UPDATE: Read my review here.
– Frye Melissa pull-on riding boot, sizes 5.5 – 11. A reader favorite for shorter legs, and come in both regular and extended calf. They are one of Frye’s staple styles that are available year after year, and the price during the Anniversary sale is one of the best I’ve seen for the most classic colors like cognac brown.
– Blondo Eden OTK waterproof flat boot, sizes 5.5 – 12. Listed with a 20.5″ shaft height and a 13 to 14″ shaft circumference that stretches. There are several reviews of the Eden style from either petites or ladies with slim ankles/calves.
A lot of these brands typically do not make shoes beyond a size 5 – 11, so one thing I absolutely love about Nordstrom is they are able to get designers to produce exclusive, extended sizing for shoppers who need it!
– Born Rozalee flat, sizes 5 – 12. Very good price for a hand-crafted, leather flat from a brand known for comfort footwear.
– Louise et Cie tassel flat, sizes 4 – 12. Adorable flats with a tiny wedge that I always like for added support. All the colors options are actually beautiful, from nude patent to metallic to leopard calf hair. FYI this brand is under the same umbrella as Vince Camuto. UPDATE: These are super comfortable with plenty of cushioning, and fit true to size.
– Steve Madden Claara heels (ordered) – sizes 5 – 11. I have been looking for neutral, mule-like sandals and love the overall look of these. Ordered, and hopeful that they will be flattering! UPDATE: one of my favorite purchases. Read my review here.
– Tory Burch ballet flats, sizes 4 – 13. In black leather or rich burgundy suede, with a more subtle, smaller logo medallion.
– Cole Haan Dellora skimmer flat, sizes 5 – 11. A take on Nicholas Kirkwood’s iconic flats which are 3x the price. And leopard print is most definitely a neutral in my book.
– Caslon cotton shirtdress (ordered) starting in xxs petite. This should look instantly cuter with a thin waist belt and ankle booties. UPDATE: a little shapeless and the 100% cotton feels like linen. Read my review here.
– Caslon open front knit blazer starting in xxs petite. Good for more casual workplaces or as a “comfy yet polished” travel jacket.
– Zella live-in leggings for working out starting in size xxs (ordered). They do make a cropped version, but based on reviews the quality is not the same, so I’d rather get the original and hem. Both Vince Camuto and Halogen make shorter non-workout leggings with great reviews, starting in size xxs petite. UPDATE: the Zella + Vince Camuto ones are the keepers. Read my review here.
– Blank NYC moto jacket in 2 new fall colors. This shrunken fit, faux-leather jacket runs small and is super popular with petite ladies. See my review of my black one and more outfit ideas here, here, here and here. Mine has only gotten softer and more pliable with years of wear. If you don’t own the black one yet (that color is not on sale), it could be worth paying a little more for maximum versatility.
– CeCe scalloped shift dress (ordered) starting in 0 petite. How darling is this dress? From the peter pan collar to the scalloped detailing and buttoned sleeve cuffs. I love the look of CeCe by Cynthia Steffe dresses but their items almost never come in petites! UPDATE: straighter-cut shift style is a little big on me. Read my review here.
– Halogen lace overlay dress (ordered) starting in 00 petite. Soo pretty and feminine with the cropped lace, but also smart-looking with the angled collar. UPDATE: collar is removable and there are pockets! I kept the skirt version instead. Read my review here.
Ordered for my family members:
– Barefoot dreams circle cardigan. Super soft for lounging at home or traveling, paired with leggings and flats. Also makes a great gift for new moms.
– MICHAEL Michael Kors trench coat starting in XS petite, with all the bells and whistles of a classic functional trench: water-resistant outer, detachable liner for warmth, removable hood, and angled pockets. For a more feminine look, this Lauren Ralph Lauren one is really cute with the faux leather piping. Both of these styles however will probably not fit someone below a ~ 2P.
– Arcona triad toner pads (ordered) – set of 2 for $52 ($70 value). If you’re already a fellow fan of these nourishing pads, here’s a chance to stock up and save a decent amount. I use these when I’m too lazy for a full nightly routine, and also on trips to quickly clean and freshen-up my face. The cranberry extract has a scent but does not irritate my sensitive skin.
– MAC 5-brush kit – $52.50 ($167 value) with most of what you need for a complete “face.”
– NARS best cheek palette – $65 ($124 value). Includes 4 blushes, a bronzer + highlighter!
– Lancome mascara set – $39.50 ($82 value). I rotate between several of Lancome’s mascaras, and this is a great way to have all of their popular ones in smaller tubes without having to worry about using up full-size product. I also use their Cils Booster XL mascara base/primer (this set includes a full tube, which is typically $25.50 by itself), and absolutely nothing beats their bi-facil gentle eye makeup remover which is also included!
– Clarisonic Skin Cleansing Systems – a recurring staple of each year’s Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Nick and I each keep ours in the shower for easy access, to help keep skin cleansed and smooth. This is the exact pink one I’ve been using for a while, and I order a value set of sensitive brush head replacements (they also make a variety pack) each year during this sale!
– I am by no means ready to be thinking about blanket scarves, but I have to point this “Autumn” one out with the prettiest colors like foliage. I had it on backorder for ages last Fall (never came back in stock), so am happy to see it again this year and even order it at a discount! UPDATE: Super soft and highly recommended. See outfit pairing idea here.
– Diptyque 5 candle set (ordered) – $55 (a $75 value). A great way to sample some of their most popular scents, and this could also make the perfect gift for a girlfriend or housewarming party. I’ve found that even a quick burn of Diptyque candles provides robust fragrance, and the scents linger long after you put out the flame.
– Longchamp le pliage expandable nylon tote (5 colors; save $65!). Another popular item that sold out in a few days during last year’s sale. This tote seems great for students, moms, and travelers alike who need something super lightweight and expandable.