This dress has certainly been getting its share of wear – for ideas on how to style similar dresses, see it here dressed up with a wrap jacket, here with black tights, and re-styled as a skirt today for a more casual setting. I did see both a 4 and 6P pop back yesterday morning so it doesn’t hurt to check back if your size is now sold out! I wanted to tone down the youthful fit & flare shape here with a classic, tailored navy wool blazer. I know I’m getting ahead of myself with spring transitional outfits, but couldn’t help doing so when it hit 60s again recently!
Here’s some of my tips for styling outfits during this in-between period:
– juxtapose spring prints like fun florals against cold-weather textures like wools and knits
– try a mostly light-hued color palette with accents of darker, winter shades (like my belt)
– pair neutral ankle booties in outfits that you’d typically wear with sandals or flats in the spring
On another note, Shopbop’s buy more save more sale is going on, and I was surprised to see very few designer exclusions! Use code BIGEVENT16 to get 15% to 25% off orders $250 and up (you could buy with a friend to get a bigger discount), and shipping & returns are always free. Exclusions are noted with bright red font in the item description. There are some classic designer items that almost never go on sale, like these classics from Hunter, Stuart Weitzman, Ferragamo, and more which I’m sure will go quickly:
– Stuart Weitzman Nudist & Nudistsong sandals – the brand’s wildly popular classic sandals . I prefer the Nudistsong for the lower but still tall height. Looks like only the black and adobe (darker nude) colors are excluded!
– Ferragamo Varina bow flats – full stocked in the navy, black and nude. See on me (runs narrow so sz 5.5 is most comfortable for me)
– Hunter Tour foldable rainboots – see my detailed review and all the posts I’ve worn mine in. Love, love this lightweight style (a world of a difference from the Original Tall) and can’t recommend it enough. I wear my brightly colored ones so much year-round, I ordered the black pair for more conservative outfits like for wearing with black tights.
– Rag & Bone signature booties – ordered the tan Harrow booties in 36! Hoping for a higher ankle shaft and heel alternative to the Sole Society ones I wear so much.
Designer denim top picks (tons of options starting in hard-to-find size 23 & up):
– My J.Brand black Marie jeans have earned their cost per wear several times over by now – see all the posts they’re in! I did need to get a hem job, but I think that’s the simplest & easiest alteration to get for a perfect fit. Shopbop has an exclusive style “Alana” in the same color and fabric content, but with a 26.5″ inseam which could be perfect on petites without hemming! I love my high-waisted jeans for holding the tummy in, but for those who don’t, JBrand also has a few styles with the same color and material content but in low rise or mid rise.
– My favorite lightly distressed Rag & Bone jeans in “la paz” wash is fully re-stocked (see on me in sz 24). Here’s another style I’ve been eying in a more vintage wash and more distressing – ordered them as well to try.
– Madewell Mini Transport tote (see on me) – this convertible bag comes in 3 colors
– A small, minimalistic alternative to my YSL wallet-on-chain: this Tory Burch pebbled bag comes in 4 colors and an adjustable, removable shoulder strap. My favorites are the melon and french gray.
– Clare Vivier leopard clutch – this one’s always on my sale picks list, for good reason!
– My Reiko Kaneko mug (see my photos) is back in stock – makes a great little gift too!
– Sunglasses for flat nose bridges: Several of Karen Walker’s signature styles now come in special fit (formerly called “asian fit”) designed to avoid sliding down the nose or pressing on the cheeks. My most-worn Ray-Bans (see on me) in matte brown/gold and mirrored blue/gold are also still in stock and usually go fast with each Shopbop sale.