• Lilac lace for work and weekends

loft lace tee1 work outfit

LOFT lace tee (in lilac shaddow, xxsp) & camisole (in xs), H&M; blazer
    Pants (old, similar at Express in 00s + ; reviews say run small), Kate Spade pumps (similar)

I posted about this scalloped-hem lace tee a while back and absolutely love it! It pairs easily with slacks as shown above or slim ankle pants for work, and also can be dressed down with distressed denim as shown below. I’ve been finding endless ways to remix it with old pieces in my closet. In the look above, I wanted to visually continue the wider hem with flowy trousers – the floor-grazing length as well as a shrunken-fit blazer helps keep this look lengthening versus frumpy for petite ladies.
    loft lace tee denim shorts

Express shorts (sold out), Baublebar knot cuffYSL clutch

loft lace tee

Baublebar necklaces c/o (wearing my favorites the “slim bar” & “pyramid spike”)

I’m wearing size xxs petite in this lace tee and it’s a “swing” style fit. I’m glad I tried this top on in-person because I wrongly assumed it’d be lined. You can wear any neutral camisole underneath as an easy fix, but I saw a mannequin wearing one in the same exact lilac color and fell in love with the look. I always have uses for under-tanks so picked up their Clean Cami (available in 24 colors!) which is a comfortable blend of 93% cotton/ 7% spandex. It’s only available in regular sizing, which I thought fit well given the adjustable shoulder straps (I’m wearing XS and it starts in XXS). Just checked the reviews online, and you can’t go wrong with nearly 1,300 5-star reviews from customers!
    loft lace tee2

52 thoughts on “Lilac lace for work and weekends

• Susan Owen-Grady September 10, 2015 at 1:41 pm

That color looks great on you! Just got some dress pants at the BR Outlet that were similar to these and this post gave me some inspiration!
      Thank you for sharing!!
      Susan | http://www.thepetitepepper.com

• Bella B September 10, 2015 at 1:43 pm

You look great! I love lace.

xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

• Diana September 10, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Super chic!

|| D I A N A ||

• Anonymous September 10, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Thank you for the post! Can you clarify what color your H&M; Blazer is. I think the color is sold-out via the link.

• Champagne Star September 10, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Gorgeous outfit, and perfect for the transition weather coming up!

• thedemuremuse.com September 10, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Really love how you showed the versatility of this top between the more polished vs laid back outfits. The scalloped details of the lace at the bottom are beautiful! Super surprised that the top is being sold unlined, especially since most sheer lace tops are lined these days. Is there any stretch in the top?

xo,
      katrina
      thedemuremuse.com

• Kat F. September 10, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Hi Jean,

What's your recommended heel height to wear at weddings? Thanks in advance!

Kat

• Carla Krae September 10, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Camis – I just bought a couple shelf bra camis at Target because they were 2/$18. I grabbed XS because that's what I usually wear there, but these are pretty snug. I'm a 32B in the chest.

So, any of you extra petite ladies looking for a deal, Target has the Mossimo camis in several colors. There's the basic shelf-bra style and a non-bralette style with lace edges that's more of a tank top.

• Eastside Bohemian September 10, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Love the two different outfits and light lilac looks nice on you. Chic!

• Petite Picks September 10, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I love this lace top!

• Katie September 10, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Jean, I love these looks on you and can't wait to try it out on myself.

Can I ask: how do you decide whether a top like this should be worn tucked into pants/skirt?

I see you wore it untucked with both outfits (and see the purpose was to maintain silhouettes for the pairing with slacks). But what about if you wear it with a pencil skirt? Or BR ankle pants?

Thanks in advance! Always appreciate your advice.

• Made in Mauve September 10, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Love the lilac lace!

Made in MauveBloglovin

• Louise Chu September 10, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Seriously loved how you styled the lace top!! So effortless, the weekend looks really have great pop of colour too it!! Love your style!! <3

Louise | http://www.thestylewalk.com/

• tellmeyblog.com September 10, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Cute top! Too bad for us who are not in the States as it is exclusive in store.

xx
      Yvonne

• Anonymous September 10, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Hi Jean – Did you alter the blazer?

• Happiness at Mid Life September 11, 2015 at 12:41 am

I am trying so hard not to shop anymore this month, this top is so pretty and these sales are not making it easy.

Alice

Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

• Diane Hoang September 11, 2015 at 12:53 am

This look is too cute! I love the pastel pinks and the lace <3

xx, Diane || http://www.dizined.com

• Trang Do September 11, 2015 at 1:11 am

Beautiful outfit!! This color looks perfect on you!!
      Love,
      Kisses and hugs from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

• Paola September 11, 2015 at 5:52 am

You look really chic
      Paola

• prudence yeo September 11, 2015 at 6:15 am

lilac is such a pretty color and it looks perfect on lace fabric!

Prudence

• Anonymous September 11, 2015 at 9:28 am

Hi Jean- I 'm a huge fan and often look to you for fashion advice! Sorry to take you off topic…but I have to go to a Wizard of Oz themed outdoor fundraiser (on grass, under tents) where the dress code is "rustic elegant"…bizarre, I know. I'm not concerned about the theme- more just about looking appropriate. Please help with outfit suggestions!

• Greta The Cihc September 11, 2015 at 9:52 am

that top is really cute, both for work or with shorts ❤️

THE CIHC

• Lex R September 11, 2015 at 10:14 am

What a great top! I guess I know where I'll be doing some fall shopping this weekend!

• Trude September 11, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Love both ways that you styled it, so gorgeous! I was just admiring Loft's new prints this morning too. 🙂

• Easy, Frugal Style September 11, 2015 at 1:44 pm

I love this top!! So gorgeous!

Easy, Frugal Style

• Anonymous September 11, 2015 at 4:49 pm
    • mj September 11, 2015 at 7:19 pm

I love this whole outfit! The blazer seems to be sold out in pink. Can you verify the color of the blazer? Thanks.

• Bela Anzu September 11, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Another great lace top would be the Talbots Amherst lace top in petite. It's lined in the trunk, has scalloped sleeves and hem, and is true to size.

• Phyllis Lee September 11, 2015 at 9:15 pm

I love this top! I love how you paired it with the denim shorts!

Phyllis | http://www.prettypleese.com

• Anonymous September 11, 2015 at 9:46 pm

I LOVE that top and blazer together. And on you with your makeup, hair and skintone it just looks amazing. I visit your blog at least twice each week since about four years now, but this time felt compelled to post because I just love this look so much. A longtime fan, keep it up!!! 🙂

• Miss S September 12, 2015 at 12:00 am

I love how you can pull of the lace top in both a casual and a business wear!

• Dolce Petite September 12, 2015 at 3:49 am

That lace top is so dreamy & pretty! Love it!

Dolce Petite

• Anonymous September 12, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Hi Jean! Long time fan. Just a comment on your site, it is pretty, but hard to read on my phone. I really prefer a mobile web layout for blogs.

• mybeautrip September 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Great outfit and so sweet!
      xx

• Valeri September 12, 2015 at 6:49 pm

I looked for the lace top (from Loft) in Petite. They don't carry it. Are you certain you ordered the LOFT lace tee (in xxsp)? I even called them and they don't have it. I'm reluctant to order the Regular size, being that I'm only 5'0".

• Erica Kato September 13, 2015 at 10:36 am

What a beautiful top! It looks so delicate!

xo | The Fashion Forecast

• Jean September 15, 2015 at 10:34 pm

Hi there – it's a lilac color from a few years ago. They still make the same style blazer but the color unfortunately is old

• Jean September 15, 2015 at 10:38 pm

There is very little stretch to it, but it's a looser fit : )

• Jean September 15, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Hi Kat! For me, it totally depends on the type of wedding, schedule, and venue. ie. for grassy settings I wear wedges, for indoor weddings I go a little higher. If I expect to be dancing all night long I'll either go with a mid heel or bring flats in my bag, and if I'm wearing something that I want to look leggy with I'll bite the bullet and wear my 4" heels.

• Jean September 15, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Hi Katie! I don't have any set guidelines per se, but since this top is a flared shape and is wider at the bottom, I'm not sure if it'd look right tucked in because it may poof out too much. With BR ankle pants I would still wear it untucked. Also if a piece has a pretty hemline like these scallops, I tend to wear it untucked to show that off.