LOFT’s friends & family sale is going on now! Use code SHAREIT for 40% off sitewide, including new arrivals, and there’s always free ship on orders over $125. My top pick is this wardrobe staple denim jacket – I know a number of you were bummed about petites being excluded in the last sale (not cool of LOFT) but it’s definitely included this time, marked down with an extra 40% off. My floral romper (from this post) is also still fully in stock on clearance for just $33, but final sale. A few other sale suggestions:
– feminine lace tee in two gorgeous colors, which sadly doesn’t come in petite sizing
– mixprint shirtdress with a fun Moroccan vibe. I’m betting this looks a lot better with the belt tightened just a little more for waist definition.
– Their awesome machine-washable utility blouse in new colors like the misty sage or royal red (more of a rich plum). Mine is in constant rotation all year round.
I also wanted to share a gorgeous dupe for my True Decadence floral dress from spring (see on me). That dress sold out quickly so I was excited to see this similar Maggie London option in a more age-appropriate style. I haven’t had experience with this brand before, so ordered one to try on before recommending. I’m happy to report that the quality was great and the fit of this particular style ran small (brand sizing starts in 2P but this would likely fit someone who usually wears a US 0)…
Compared to the TD dress I own, the neckline of the Maggie London is less plunge and the hemline is a little longer – more versatile for potentially wearing to work with a cardigan or blazer. For fit reference, I usually wear 00 petite in American brands so didn’t expect this one to fit, but it was close with the armholes just being a little big and the bust a little roomy. This should fit well on someone who typically wears 0 petite, so I agree with the fit suggestion on the website to order 1 size up if you’re between sizes.
Construction wise, I absolutely loved the following features:
– Quality 97% cotton, 3% spandex blend slightly stretchy material and paneled construction for the fit and flare silhouette. The background is a light ivory and the flowers are shades of red and pink. I absolutely love the green/blue option but it unfortunately comes in regular sizing only. Posted some close-ups of the print on my Snapchat story @extrapetite (stories are live for 24 hours only)
– Hidden pockets! See the top left photo for where they are.
– Fully lined, with an extra half layer of tulle-like underskirt to keep the shape just like with the TD dress I own. The skirt is not very full with just a slight flare, so good for ladies who like the shape but don’t want too much volume. Entry is via an invisible back zipper and a keyhole back button.
– Measurements of a 2P: 16.5″ across the bust, 13″ across the waist, approx. 34″ total length.
PS – My Mar y Sol handmade straw tote (see on me) in yellow stripe is now on sale for 40% off. I hadn’t seen the Collins bag marked down at all this year. It’s a great tote for the beach, park, or farmers market and gets lots of compliments! Here’s a video about how their products are made.