Early access has begun for my favorite sale of the year! Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale is 30-40% off of new Fall arrivals (not past-season merchandise), and everything goes back up to regular price on August 3rd. As always, there is free shipping and easy returns on everything. Nordstrom Cardholders get early access starting today, though if you’re not a cardholder, you can still use the “save to wishlist” button on all items for easy checkout once the sale opens to the public on July 17th. I missed out on several items last year that sold out during the preview, so placed my order early this time around! Will be posting updates as I get to try items on, if they’re still in stock. Had lots of requests from my mom and like-sized cousin as well, so I’ll be able to review a few extra pieces when my order comes in.
Below, I’ve thoroughly combed the sale for petite-friendly Fall must haves, including slim-calf boots, shoes and clothes in extended sizing, or regular sizing pieces that are noted to run slim or small. If you own or have tried any of these items, would love to hear your feedback!
Special notes on popular, versatile items:
1. Sam Edelman Onyx half d’orsay leopard pump. If you missed out on the d’orsay leopard pumps from last year’s anniversary sale, this is a very similar version in a manageable 2.5″ heel. I’ve tried on Sam Edelman’s other styles in their same leopard calfhair material and think the print looks like a pretty good leopard in person. You’ll be surprised at how a pump like this goes with everything. Bonus, extended sizes are available from a 4 – 12!
2. AGL cap toe flats, available in sizes 3.5 – 14 (amazing!). Kudos to Nordstrom for getting brands to make an extended range of sizing that they wouldn’t otherwise produce. AGL gets the most rave reviews for comfort right out of the box – here are 600+ reviews on this similar full-priced ballet style. I picked up a pair in black for my mom.
3. The Longchamp expandable tote is back in several classic colors with rave customer reviews. It’s convertible from a medium everyday tote to an XL travel bag, plus their Le Pliage nylon material can fold up super small for storage (or tossing inside other bags).
4. Halogen Tencel denim shirt starting in xxs petite – looks very, very similar to the one I own (now sold out) and the material and “light denim” color codes are also the same. Here is an alternate relaxed chambray shirt from BP that’s just ~ $30 and in 4 colors (ordered for my cousin).
Slim and/or short calf boots! So many options on sale this year that are listed as “fitted calf.”
1. Aquatalia “Gianna” Weatherproof boot, starting in size 5. Listed as a “fitted shaft” boot. My Aquatalia boots have held up so well throughout Boston winters, I definitely find the brand to be worth the price. Please remember that shaft measurements can vary quite a bit with shoe size – the last time I bought Aquatalia boots online the shaft was an inch shorter and narrower in-person than what was listed online, to my pleasant surprise.
2. Blondo “Laina” Weatherproof boot, starting in size 5.5. I don’t know much about this brand, but look at this description: “shorter knee-high shaft; ideal for petite customers; narrow calf circumference. Stretchy tall boot that’s waterproofed and seam-sealed for effortless weather protection” What! Sounds like a dream for those searching for the perfect petite boot that is also durable enough for inclement weather.
3. Cole Haan “Marina” over-the-knee suede boot looks like such a hot but elegant boot, with promising calf measurements (listed at 13.5″ circumference, stretching up to 15″).
4. Lucky brand Heloisse boot (3 colors) – also noted as “fitted calf” with listed measurements of 15.25″ shaft height and 14.5″ shaft circumference. Pull-on style. Sizing notes say order a half size down.
5. La Canadienne waterproof leather boot with antibacterial, moisture-wicking lining. Starts in size 5, with a 13.75″ calf circumference that stretches up to 15″ around. I’ve heard lots of great things about this brand’s durability and weather-proofedness as well.
Work & travel totes that aren’t too oversized (all under 14″ in width):
1. Splurge: Chloe Marcie bag in 5 color options, 14″ wide x 12″ high – a good size for someone my height. This premium designer style will probably not make it past the early access sale period.
2. Steal for leather: 13″ x 13″ genuine leather slouchy tote with pouch pocket to keep valuables secure. In 3 fall-ready colors.
3. Michael Kors jet set tote (6 fall colors!) in their easy-to-maintain saffiano leather, which has held up nicely for me on my MK bag. A simple, clean look for work if the removable medallion is taken off. Love the merlot, dark dune, and pearl gray for fall. 12″ x 11″ medium size.
ory Burch Plaque hobo tote in 3 pretty colors, at a manageable size of 14″ x 11.”
Coats coats coats – these make me just a tad excited for cooler weather.
1. Trina Turk skirted coat in 3 unique colors, with the pine available in petites starting at 0P.
2. Budget option for under $40: Thread & Supply peacoat. Fit notes say XS/00 runs small, narrow through shoulders, and suggests sizing up. They also make a toggle coat (4 fall colors) which is noted to have a roomier fit.
3. Guess petite boucle coat starting in XS petite (0-2), in pretty girly shades like wine and pale pink.
Petite-friendly workwear, mostly starting in 00 regular or 00 petite
1. If you’re looking to spruce up your office wardrobe for fall, Theory’s signature suiting coordinates and Betty sheath dress are on sale in two new–season colors. For something a little more feminine, this beautiful boucle fit and flare dress is also on sale. I’ve had a lot of success with Theory 00 in the past, and based on the more shrunken fit of this one on the model, I’m guessing it is petite-friendly. Layer over a tie-neck or collar blouse, or under a cropped blazer for the office.
2. Adrianna Papell scalloped crepe dress, starts in size 2P – the LBD with adorable little details.
3. Halogen ponte fit and flare dress – starts in xxs petite (favorite is the burgundy)
4. Mix-and-match work outfit under $100: Halogen lace pencil skirt starting in 00 petite – pair with a machine-washable tie-neck blouse (6 colors, starts in xxs petite), which will look equally nice for going out with skinny jeans or leather leggings. **Update: Thank you Florence for sharing your fitting room snap of these two items! Her review is down in the comments. PS – her blog has very thorough reviews on lingerie for petite, busty ladies**
5. Under $50: Calson shirt dress – work-friendly year round with no layering necessary. Starts in xxs petite and for under $50.
6. Under $40: Calson shawl collar knit blazer, starting in size xxs petite in 8 colors. This is back from last year’s sale! I’ve heard good feedback on this basic piece from readers who own it.
Comfort dressing – all regular sizing pieces noted to run small or slim:
1. Classic Breton stripe pullover in 3 colors. XS noted to fit like womens 00.
2. Free people cowl neck asymmetrical pullover in 4 fall colors (ordered in charcoal). Love the slouchy, easy way it’s styled on the model simply with jeans and booties.
3. BP Trott ankle bootie, available in 4 fall colors and starts in an elusive size 4 (noted to run small so size up) – looks to be a similar option to their signature Trolley.
4. Astr floral romper in a very similar cut as my Motel one – crossover front with long sleeves. The XS here is listed with a fit like size “00 to 0” so may be petite-friendly.
5. Treasure & Bond layered sweater (ordered in grey plaid) – summer has barely begun but this casual, comfy-looking piece makes me look forward to fall and cozying up on the couch with cider. Available in 4 colors and starts in size xxs.