I'm sure you guys can tell from my recent posts, but I think Ann Taylor is killing it with their latest collection. Now if only they'll bring back the original perfect pumps, I'll be all set : )
They are having 40% off site-wide (code WEEKEND40) so I wanted to share and recap on my favorites this season. Each of these pieces fit me with no alterations needed (yay!), and the quality was surprisingly good. I was happy to see features like the piping on jackets or embroidery on dresses going all the way around to the back (which is how it should be, but perhaps I'm just jaded by so many "shortcuts" these days), lots of 100% cotton fabrics, full linings, and details that look expensive in-person. Here's my picks from the sale:
1. Collarless tipped jacket (reviewed here). This is an AT home run, and I don't expect sizes to last too long. It's truly nice quality for the price and a staple that I can see myself wearing for decades! You can make it look youthful and fresh with boyfriend jeans / shorts, or elegant and mature with trouser pants or a sheath. I have 00P and have already shown it on here both with ankle trousers and a shift dress. Here is a third way to wear it, with a patterned piece in a similar dual-color scheme:
2. Lace embroidered tunic dress (online exclusive). This piece looked like it could easily be from Anthro for double the price. It's fully lined except at the sleeves, has an invisible side zipper with a clasp at the neckline, and the crochet lace details go all the way around. Given the tunic nature it is a looser fit on me in xxs petite, so size down if you're usually in between sizes and want a closer fit. I was worried the 100% cotton would be a wrinkled mess after a long day of sitting, but it looked just like this 10 hours later. Perhaps it's the placement of the crochet lace which hits right around the hip / leg joint (typically a major wrinkle area) when you sit down. I got so many compliments on this one...colleagues were actively snapping photos of it to send to their friends looking for bridal shower / rehearsal dinner options.
3. Striped tiered camisole - A machine-washable, classic striped camisole with a feminine twist (in this case, a generous ruffle and piped edges) to wear under blazers and cardigans. This doesn't come in petite sizing but I noticed the shoulder straps are adjustable. As some of you have already seen on my Snapchat, it's a great, casual fit on me in regular xxs with the straps adjusted.
4. Sleeveless eyelet shirtdress - one of their many shirtdress options available in petite sizing. See my review of another printed one here. The pure white one felt really summery and crisp to me, and I liked the eyelet details (that once again, wrap all the way around to the back both at the shoulders and hem). The material is a comfortable 97% cotton, 3% spandex and the skirt part is fully lined.
A key difference to note between this eyelet dress and the other one I reviewed is the eyelet version buttons only down to the waist, and has an invisible side zipper for getting in/out of the dress. The printed and pink ones button all the way down the front, and have on-seam side pockets. I know pockets wouldn't have worked with the side zipper but am still bummed they're not on this version! Fit wise, all of the shirt dresses fit me in 00 petite. A reviewer mentioned it was too long and I didn't think so at all - I'm particularly short at 5 feet tall, and this hit me right above the knees.
5. Tassel scarf (2 colors) + striped tee (3 colors). I was stressing a bit before Paris and Nick surprised me with this scarf in blue and tee in 2 colors. Not a bad pairing if I may say so myself! They got plenty of wear on our trip and the tees are good 100% cotton basics. See the pink on me here in xxs petite, layered under a jacket.
And from my older reviews:
- Breezy linen sweater - now on markdown plus extra 40% off. See my original review here, styled casually here or for the office here.
- Mitered striped dress - I don't own this one, but thought it's a great spring/summer piece in what feels like a wrinkle-resistant fabric. See my review of it in 00 petite.