Ann Taylor 50% off flash sale

green wrap top herringbone skirt1 Ann Taylor crepe top (4 colors), H&M; skirt, Zara pumps

*Ends noon EST 9/30* Ann Taylor is having 50% off site-wide (some exclusions apply, like handbags) with code MYSTERY50. I noticed they brought back the crepe faux wrap top shown above which I just happened to be wearing again today. I haven’t tried on this season’s version, but the 95% poly / 5% spandex material composition is the same as last year. Please note the material of mine is on the thinner side and snug (xxsp fit me as shown) so you will need a smooth bra underneath, but I love how stretchy it is and how it looks when tucked in. Machine washable a plus! I usually avoid machine drying for blouses to avoid shrinking or pilling, and have just let this one hang or lie flat to dry.

Two other “picks” from this sale I’ve been eying include the staple silk tie-neck blouse (in 3 pretty fall colors or spotted print) and this cute peacoat-style double-breasted sweater jacket (3 colors). I stopped by a store recently but could not find any of these items, and just noticed they’re all online exclusives…go figure. Please share any recommendations or favorite pieces you’ve tried from this season : )

24 thoughts on “Ann Taylor 50% off flash sale

• Julia September 30, 2014 at 12:39 am

Just saw the promotion email today too. My advice though is to wait for their "extra 70% off sales items" promotion – the last one just was just last Sunday! I got 6 things for just under $120, including 2 pairs of shoes for $20 each and some other clothing items & accessories! What a steal! Love AT as always! 🙂

Julia || Closet de Jules
    Recent Post: Workwear – Playful Yet Professional

• Mei Fleming September 30, 2014 at 12:57 am

LOVE the spotted print top! It's such a great pop.

• Dressed with soul September 30, 2014 at 1:04 am

Thanks for the great tip 🙂 You look so wonderful classy today!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena http://www.dressedwithsoul.com

• prudence yeo September 30, 2014 at 1:10 am

I love wrap style clothing as I find them very flattering for my petite frame. The green wrap top looks beautiful on you and goes well with the cute skirt too! Great and versatile outfit!

• Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 1:33 am

I bought that Double Breasted Sweater Jacket today! I can send you a photo of me with it on when I get it in a few days if you'd like so you can see the fit. I also purchased the Buttoned-Up Boiled Wool Cape which I've been really curious about, Faux Leather Trim Boiled Wool Coat, and some shoes and other random layering pieces. I love Ann Taylor's Petite clothing!

• Sweets & Style September 30, 2014 at 3:31 am

Beautiful look. Love the skirt and the top!
    XX
    Miri

• Taramixandmatch September 30, 2014 at 5:57 am

I ordered a few things, hopefully some work out 🙂

• Živilė Dap September 30, 2014 at 6:01 am

Love the outfit!
    xx

• xoyaoyao September 30, 2014 at 7:41 am

Thanks for the tip! U look nice, can't believe you're just 5 feet tall, cause it's not even noticeable in the pictures.

xoyaoyao

• Sasa Zoe September 30, 2014 at 9:20 am

Love this look! <3

• Julie September 30, 2014 at 10:58 am

Seriously considering the wrap top you're wearing…

Style by Joules

• Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 11:00 am

Hi Jean, I watched your video on the Prada. Thank you for
    such a thorough review! I wonder if there was any reason
    you chose the double zipped tote instead of the one with
    center zipped compartment, provided they were both available with
    same color and shoulder strap. I am trying to decide between the 2.
    Thanks Jean

• Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 11:38 am

Ann Taylor code doesn't appear to work for Canadian/International orders, sadly 🙁

• Suzie Q September 30, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I love this chic fall look! The wrap blouse is lovely! Thanks for sharing the awesome AT deal!

Suzie Q

• Jean September 30, 2014 at 10:54 pm

That's insane! What a steal especially for the shoes. Usually when I see the extra 70% off emails most petite sizes are already gone.

• Jean September 30, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I would love that! Thank you for offering! The boiled wool cape looked SO chic in the ads – honestly I thought it was one of their most upscale looking offerings, but also one that not everyone can pull off : )

• Jean September 30, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Hi there – when I was shopping around I didn't see the one you mentioned in the same size and with shoulder strap. I liked the exterior size of the one I got and the strap so that was the main draws…can't speak to the other style and perhaps it would've made my decision harder! Enjoy shopping and good luck deciding

• Jean September 30, 2014 at 11:01 pm

What a bummer! I wish their US promos would work for international sales too : /

• Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Jumped all over this sale! In fact, I wish I had bought more things since it's easy to return things after work. I bought the wrap crepe top because I remembered how nice it looked on you 🙂

I am curious about one thing though. I've recently moved to Boston from Florida and have never really dealt with winter before! I've poked through some of your older winter posts and you always look stylish, yet warm. HOW?! I'm curious to know how you actually dress during your commute. Are you very bundled up and just pop on nice shoes once you enter your office?

Thanks so much for your style advice 🙂

• lily October 13, 2014 at 6:26 am

Hi Jean

Just wondering what size would you order if you were to purchase the "Double-breasted sweater jacket"? I think we are similar in size. I don't have the luxury of visiting an AT store as I'm out of the country.

Appreciate your help!!

• Jean October 13, 2014 at 10:53 am

Hi there – Welcome to New England! I've done a few posts about this before but i always have commuting shoes for the winter, usually hunter rubber boots with a warm liner sock, or my Aquatalia weatherproof boots, Stuart Weitzman boots if it's dry outside, or Sperry flat shoes if I'm wearing something that doesn't tuck well into boots. I think it's the norm in Boston to switch shoes at work : )

• Jean October 13, 2014 at 10:54 am

Hi Lily – I would wear the XXS petite. A reader mentioned that she tried the sweater jacket and the fit was nice and fitted.

• Anonymous October 21, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Love this look at the brick buildings in the background. Love Boston! http://www.kblossoms.etsy.com

• racingcourne October 29, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Great choice on the color! I like the blue one too.