Halogen knit jacket-like a med. weight cardigan. Material is a bit snag-prone. xxsp fit well
Halogen leopard pumps (4 colors)-go down if between half sizes; I took my usual size 5
One of my favorite sales of the year starts today! It's hard to get into a Fall frame of mind during mid-July, but these discounts are on new, next-season merchandise and prices do go back up August 4th. Lots of designer items, petites (how cute is this houndstooth dress?), and extended-sizing shoes to browse. I have two keepers pictured above that just arrived from the presale, and will try to do a detailed review soon. Just wanted to post a quick heads up since the smaller sizes tend to go first. As always, there is free shipping & free return ship.
Below are my other picks from the sale (pls. note I have not tried these on for size)...
1. LEFT: Stuart Weitzman Highway boots also in black suede – SW boots are pricey but the fit and comfort for narrow calves is like none other. I already have a wedge over-the-knee pair so did not purchase these. Listed at 21.5" shaft height and calf width that stretches from 12" - 14." This style was available in both leather and suede down to a sz 4 – if you’re interested but don’t see your size online, I’d call your local store with the item #. They can do a nationwide search and ship to you for free.
2. CENTER: Louise et Cie Andora over the knee boot - also starts in sz 4. Affordable, genuine leather dupe for SW over-the-knee style flat boots, but based on the measurements these look quite a bit wider. Listed with 21" shaft height and 14" calf circumference. Also comes in wide calf.
3. RIGHT: Franco Sarto Obelisk wedge boots - recommended by a reader (thanks, Angela! please also see her helpful comment below) who said the calves fit slim. Measurements from the site are 17" high shaft and 13.25" calf circumference. If these measurements are accurate (keep in mind they're usually taken from a sz 8 so if you order smaller/bigger sizes, they will vary) this would be borderline over my knees.
4. LEFT: DVF Zarita lace dress – Elegant and subtly sexy dress that rarely makes it to sale. I think the plum color looks gorgeous for multiple seasons (stock photo also shows it with black tights) and it's the only color that is 35% off. Despite the note to size up, I think it fits fairly true to size and needed slight alterations on a 0 regular (see post here)
5. RIGHT: Kate Spade "Lottie" pumps - pretty in pink (selling quickly) and classic in the nude.
6. LEFT: Longchamp expandable tote – I use my Longchamp bag on nearly every trip, usually stuffed to capacity. This one expands from a medium size suitable for normal use as a tote, to an extra large one perfect for packing.
7. RIGHT: Coach duffle bag (3 leather colors) - This bag is classic Coach, reminiscent of styles before the brand underwent C logo overload. From the photos the adjustable strap looks like it can be worn crossbody, over the shoulder, or shortened to hang at the crook of the arm.
8. LEFT: Northface denali fleece (men and kids also on sale) - Easy gift idea for any member of the family. After stealing my dad's & brother's (both successful gifts from Christmases past) several times, my Mom started dropping blatant hints about wanting her own. Good prices for their signature Denali line, esp. with free shipping & return ship.
9. RIGHT: Last but not least, a classic Burberry trench was included in the sale, but there are few sizes left online after the cardmembers sale preview (may still be available in store, if you search by item #). If you're considering going the Burberry trench route, I feel it's better to try on numerous styles in-person and get the size and style that fits you perfectly, rather than buy a sale style just for the savings.
Please share your sale finds and recommendations!