• Fan print skirt + cropped cardigan

full skirt cropped cardigan

Gap tie-neck top (similar in black), Kate Spade skirt (altered), LV Speedy 25 bag
    Sole Society Olyvia heels (5 colors), Target cropped cardigan (old)

I wore this to work on Monday, which already feels like a distant memory with snow back on the ground. Spring in Boston…why such a tease? Anyhow, this is another outfit that combines old favorites plus one of my go-to color pairings. I kept the rest of my look neutral, finishing with pumps that provide plenty of leg-lengthening action despite having a low, manageable heel.
    full skirt cropped cardigan2
    I first learned about Sole Society through Cee’s many posts remixing their shoes and handbag. I remember being surprised at genuine leather for the price points, but Cee keeps a very edited closet so I trust her opinions on quality. I was happy to see that the brand offers shoes down to a sz 5, plus has cute jewelry and scarves to boot. Short legs be damned, I’m a sucker for ankle-strap heels and was drawn right in to this pointy-toe style.
    full skirt cropped cardigan3Color proved to be a tough decision…the cobalt blue and deep red are classic statement colors, the coral shouts spring, and the other shades serve as versatile neutrals. I went with “adobe” as a safe bet, but the ruby was a close second.
    full skirt cropped cardigan1
    Fit wise, please note that the front part runs narrow as many reviewers have pointed out. I usually take either a 5 or 5.5, and went up to the latter accordingly. The length and width (noticeably narrow, similar to the fit of Ferragamo shoes) ended up being perfect, and the straps adjust to fit without extra holes needed. Not all of Sole Society shoes come in genuine leather/suede, but these are and feel quite good for the price. Shipping is free at any price, and return shipping per item is either $7.95 for a refund, or free for store credit.full skirt cropped cardigan4 This post was in collaboration with Sole Society. Here are my other picks, including several work-appropriate styles in extended sizing. My favorite are the leopard haircalf pumps, but please note from reviews that they seem to run small (could be good news for ladies who need sub-sz 5!).

29 thoughts on “Fan print skirt + cropped cardigan

• Mei Fleming April 16, 2014 at 10:49 pm

What a darling outfit! The skirt is so pretty paired with blush!

NEW POST up….

xo

• Rachelle (http://pinksole.com/) April 16, 2014 at 10:53 pm

That skirt is such a great statement piece.

xo
      ​PinkSole​

• Nidhi Patel April 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Such a cute work outfit. I've been meaning to try Sole Society shoes, this definitely gives me more incentive!
      Nidhi
      An Unblurred Lady

• Anonymous April 17, 2014 at 12:04 am

Cute blouse…looking for one too but not in black…

• MizzJ April 17, 2014 at 12:04 am

Super cute outfit. I think in this case the ankle straps work b/c it's a nude color. I too love ankle straps but also have the problem of being too short, so I feel your pain 😉

• Anonymous April 17, 2014 at 12:16 am

i love the outfit jean! not really feeling the shoes though. i think it might be the color and material. they remind me a lot of your pour la victoire heels that i remember nick said looked like feet 🙂

• Sandie April 17, 2014 at 12:35 am

I think I just grab the last 5.5 : D My feet cannot do 4 inch pumps anymore. Am looking forward to these.

• Le monde des petites April 17, 2014 at 12:41 am

Gorgeous outfit!!! Love it!
      You are so chic!!!!

Le monde des petites

• Angela April 17, 2014 at 2:03 am

The outfit is beautiful! I'm just surprised you are allowed to wear this to work! Lucky you I am envious.

• Dressed with soul April 17, 2014 at 2:25 am

And I wished really I had this skirt also in my closet 🙂

• TaraMixandMatch April 17, 2014 at 7:45 am

Your skirt is such a fun print!

• Patrícia M. April 17, 2014 at 8:40 am

One of my favorite outfits around here, that blouse is really a beautiful piece and it's able to make a perfect statement into an outfit.

• Julie April 17, 2014 at 10:26 am

I haven't bought anything from Sole Society yet but I've been eyeing a lot of their shoes. Thanks for the review!

Style by Joules

• Suzie Q April 17, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Love the sweet spring look! I'm also a sucker of ankle strap pumps. These shoes look great, love the classic neutral tone color!

Suzie Q

• Katy Byrne April 17, 2014 at 6:35 pm

You look beautiful! I'm obsessed with the skirt and Sole Society. Hands down my favorite online shoe vendor

• Janna Dana April 18, 2014 at 3:01 am

Very cute ! 🙂

Johanna

• Graciela April 18, 2014 at 9:21 am

Jean: as usual, beautiful pairings! You truly review items and give plenty of details and options, great job. Beautiful pictures too, who does your photography?

• Anonymous April 18, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Hey Jean,

I am a petite also and I'm looking for a evening dress but I'm not sure which lenght to go for, a long or a short one? I think that a long dress is more classy but glamorous in the same time but would it make me look shorter? Could you please help me, maybe give me some suggestions?
      Thank you!

• rodelma lopez April 19, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I was struck with the skirt at first glance so beautiful, how you paired them is perfect…thanks

• Martha C April 21, 2014 at 5:38 am

oh! i just to know your blog and i love it. I´m petite also, well i thinks so cause i´m 5.4 and S sized so is great to have a place like this. Here in Spain, there is no brands with a petit clothes 🙁
      Thanks

• Jean April 21, 2014 at 10:59 am

Hi there – what is the occasion? ie. how formal, cocktail, black tie ? Or are you just looking for one to keep in your closet for various occasions? And is long to you = at the knee or floor length? Let me know some more details and I can help.

• Jean April 21, 2014 at 11:10 am

Thank you Graciela! My boyfriend takes my outdoor photos.

• Jean April 21, 2014 at 11:11 am

Certainly not for client meetings…but I have to say my group's dress code is pretty lax during office days : )

• Anonymous April 22, 2014 at 5:44 am

It's something like a prom, I mean there will be older people, something more formal, like a gala. I was thinking at a floor lenght one. I never had the courage to wear one, that's why I'm asking for your opinion, it means a lot to me!

• Jenny Lin April 24, 2014 at 5:56 pm

what size are your shoes?

• Anonymous April 24, 2014 at 9:14 pm

You look beautiful Jean, what a pretty dress. FYI, the Anthropologie at Legacy Place in Dedham now has a petite section.

• iDreammart May 29, 2014 at 4:21 am

I found most attractive outfits from this blog, particularly. Love to have your blogs always. Thank you for such interesting post.

• Nilesh Raval May 30, 2014 at 8:15 am

Good One Post at here like this post definitely subscribe

Custom made Leather Kilt – Leather 4 Gay dot Com, leather kilt with studs, black leather kilt, utility kilts, men's casual kilts, custom hand made kilts, leather garments, leather gladiator kilt, red leather kilt, knee length leather kilt, camouflage kilt, knee length leather kilt, union style leather kilt, gladiator kilt, leather gladiator kilt

• Anu January 28, 2016 at 8:12 am

Hi Jean I'm new to your blog but I'm so happy that I could finally find someone as petite as me and could carry variety of outfits so nicely.Also I loved your blog on big dial watches for thin wrist it was v motivating for me to purchase one for myself.