Black crepe and silver in Vince Camuto Petites

vince camuto dress

Vince Camuto dress c/o, J.Crew bag (25% off $150+ w/SHOPNOW), Hermes belt, Shoemint heels c/o

Happy Friday! Work’s picked up so I didn’t have anything prepared for today, but thought I’d share a quick outtake from my posts with Nordstrom Petites. I picked out this dress for its simple color scheme and covered shoulders (one less layer to mull over when getting dressed in the morning!). The slightly stretchy black crepe is comfy for long hours behind a desk, but I wish the upper were actual lace instead of a lace/crochet-y print. I’m a little bummed about that, but on the plus side, got to try on a brand that’s new to me. I didn’t realize Vince Camuto has a decent-sized selection in petites that’s both work-appropriate and machine-washable (always a plus).
vince camuto dress1
This dress is noted in the description to run a size small. I’d agree, and thought a 0P fit comparable to a 00P in Ann Taylor/LOFT or in between an H&M; sz 2 to 4. I was happy to hear from the Nordies merchandising team that they’ll be introducing size XXS Petite in Vince Camuto, Halogen, and Calson starting next spring (how cute is this Calson knit jacket? wish it came in that size now).
vince camuto dress2For reference, measurements of a 0P: 15″ across armpits, 12.75″ across waist, 17″ across hips, 14″ across shoulders, 33″ length. 97% poly, 3% spandex, made in China. Fully lined with invisible back zipper.

30 thoughts on “Black crepe and silver in Vince Camuto Petites

• kileen valenzuela November 1, 2013 at 12:50 am

this dress is beautiful and i like that it's work appropriate too. glad to hear that Nordies will have more petite offerings soon!

• Dressed with soul November 1, 2013 at 4:13 am

I´m also really glad for the good news that Nordies will have more petite offerings soon. And the dress is really beautiful but you are really beautiful, too <3 And the combination with the Hermes belt is so elegant!

xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Hayattan Payetler November 1, 2013 at 4:18 am

You look so beautiful 🙂

• Carol Li November 1, 2013 at 7:32 am

Ooh, thanks for featuring this dress. It's great to discover another petite brand 🙂

• Le monde des petites November 1, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Lovley dress! Love it!!! Fits perfectly to you!!!

Le monde des petites

• rodelma lopez November 1, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Striking ever beautiful lady

• Maggy November 1, 2013 at 2:10 pm

The dress is so beautiful!

• Orange You Classy November 1, 2013 at 2:23 pm
  • B Trendy November 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Great look!!! I like this dress is great for an office outlook!!! You look so beautiful…. Have a nice day…

• Plum Pretty Sugar November 1, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Oh how lovely! Swoon!

xo

• Judy Ch November 1, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Can you tell me what makeyour shoes are?

• Bela Anzu November 1, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Hi Jean! This looks like a great black and white staple for work. If it's any consolation, I can't tell from the photos that the top part is printed instead of real lace. Perhaps Vince Camuto did that to keep the production cost down? I agree that it's nice to be able to throw clothes into the washing machine. It's something I'm trying to keep in mind when shopping.

Going back to your previous two posts, I appreciated the functionality and colours of your outfits. Nick's photography has been consistently outstanding. I've been using the "bib" method and would be interested in the "double loop", but am uncertain of whether I understand your description. As for the "shawl", I'm iffy about trying that out because it seems matronly.

Lastly, I purchased the Laura Mercier "khaki" caviar stick based on your recommendation. I've been a LM fan for quite some time, but wasn't aware of these caviar sticks until I read your post. Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review!

• Lam Lam November 2, 2013 at 2:11 am

Stunning dress and amazing belt <3 and loving that pop of color in the handbag!

• Mady T. November 2, 2013 at 7:17 am

love the outfit! the shoes are amazing!

xoxo
    Mady

thegirlfromthemirror.blogspot.com

• Alma Affaires November 2, 2013 at 11:50 am

I love the shoes!– do you have any tips for how to make pointed-toe heels more comfortable to walk in? I like how they look but can never walk more than a few hours in them because of the narrowed toe box. – Alma @ closet(ed)consumption

• Anonymous November 3, 2013 at 2:21 am

This appeared on an Australian morning news show today, I wasn't sure if you knew that your photos were being used

• Anonymous November 3, 2013 at 10:53 am

PLEASE DO A POST ON YOUR ACCESSORIES!!! belts, necklace, bracelets, shoess! your outfits are always so so pretty! curious on whats ur essential pieces which allowed u to have such awesome outfits everyday!

• michelle November 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I found a really similar version of the Calson jacket by Style&co.; at Macys but for only $17.

Here's the link to the blazer: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/style-co-jacket-colorblock-textured-blazer?ID=963050&CategoryID;=120#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D2%26kws%3Dstyle&co;%20colorblock%20texured%20blazer%26slotId%3D1

Would you consider taking the cheaper option and just alternating it?

– Michelle

• Maggie Adofo November 3, 2013 at 8:54 pm

You look gorgeous!: )

xo
    Maggie A
    LOVE MAVIN

• Jean November 4, 2013 at 12:55 am

Hi Judy, they are by ShoeMint in the "Gelarah" style (old)

• Jean November 4, 2013 at 1:04 am

Hi Bela, how do you like the khaki caviar stick so far? After trying many of the colors that is still my go-to. My apologies for not taking better photos of the double loop, but it is as simple as it sounds – looping a scarf twice around your neck then securing the ends in a small knot : ) It is probably most common for long rectangular scarves, but if you have a big square scarf, you can start with it folded in half diagonally in a triangle, and fold it again in the same direction until you pretty much end up with a long thin rectangle. I will try to take photos the next time I wear a scarf that way!

• Jean November 4, 2013 at 1:07 am

Hi Alma, I usually size up half a size for pointy heels, but you don't want to do so so much that your feet slip out. Have you ever tried the blow dryer trick? If you have leather shoes that are uncomfortably snug in the toes, try wearing a thick pair of socks and putting on those shoes. Use a blow dryer to heat up the shoes (about 20 seconds) in the areas that are too tight, flexing your feet/toes in those same areas. Let the shoes cool while wearing them over your thick socks, and repeat the process until the area stretches out a bit. Good luck!

• Jean November 4, 2013 at 1:13 am

Yikes! I did hear about UC Irvine's use of my photo (unfortunately a bit out of context and uncredited) but didn't realize it caused enough of a stir to make it to Oz. Thank you for sharing the link.

• Jean November 4, 2013 at 1:16 am

Thanks for sharing, Michelle! I haven't been to Macy's in a while, but will keep my eye out for your suggestion : )

• Jean November 4, 2013 at 1:17 am

Thank you for the post suggestion – will try to work on it!

• Alma Affaires November 4, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Oh wow, I'll have to give the blow dryer trick a try! Thanks for the tip!
    – Alma

• Bela Anzu November 4, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I've enjoyed using the khaki caviar stick – it's easy to apply and blends well. The Sephora I visited had about five colours. I probably would have gravitated to "cocoa", but think your recommendation of "khaki" is more versatile and flattering for dark brown eyes. "Orchid" was a lovely lavender shimmer, but I didn't purchase it. I hope they come out with more colours, like grey. Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick? It looks comparable to LM's caviar stick, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Thanks for the second description of the "double loop". I think I understand it now. If you have time, that would be wonderful if you can take a photo. If not, no worries. Thanks Jean.

• shohanali ali November 5, 2013 at 3:50 am

Welcome to our 2013 Halloween costume contest!
    The Haunted Knoll Awards are an annual Halloween costume contest, where you can submit pictures of your best costumes and win cash prizes, while helping a great cause!Entry is absolutely FREE, and for each of the first 1,000 entries, $5 will be donated to Kids In The Spotlight. That's right, by simply submitting your best costume photo, you can help raise thousands of dollars for Kids In The Spotlight, and further their commitment to train youth in foster care programs to create, write, cast, and star in their own short films.
    The winners of each category will receive a cash prize! Entries are now open and will close November 7, 2013.
    " Great costume! You should submit it to http://hauntedknoll.org”

• Katey November 6, 2013 at 5:15 am

Great dress, awesome shoes!

• Hachiko Bob November 21, 2013 at 2:22 am

love the outfit 😡 can you tell me the size of this dress fit to you? in nordstrom 1 think i can wear size 0 regular. Is it same the size 34 of ZARA/MANGO ? Thanks 🙂