Target x FEED USA collection to benefit Feeding America

target feed

Available June 30th, 2013 – men & women’s apparel, home goods, and more

As readers of this blog may know, food is something that I immensely enjoy. And when cooking and trying new foods become a passion of sorts, it’s easy to forget that for many Americans, finding any type of food is still a daily struggle. When I was contacted to share about a collaboration between Target + FEED USA, I was interested and did some research. I was surprised to discover that – even even in this country – hunger is an issue for 1 in 6 Americans.

The Target + FEED USA collection aims to raise awareness and funds to benefit Feeding America, one of the largest hunger-relief charities in the United States. The collection includes apparel, accessories, homegoods, and more, and each item shows the number of donated meals the purchase will provide. I’ve picked some of my favorites here to share, including a heathered red jacket ($25, 20 meals), a burlap tote perfect for the farmers market ($10, 8 meals), and some adorable kitchenware ($14-$20, 10-20 meals each). Each item was designed by Target and FEED, a company whose mission is to fight hunger through sales of purposefully-designed products. Their goal is to provide more than 10 million meals through Feeding America with this collaboration. With each product sale, 10 percent of the original retail price will be donated to the organization.

I’ve long admired Target for their community contributions (they commit to giving 5% of pre-tax profits to charity), which is separate from proceeds generated by initiatives such as this one. You can learn more about Target + FEED USA here, and also about Feeding America here. Disclosure – This is a sponsored post.

17 thoughts on “Target x FEED USA collection to benefit Feeding America

• Carla Krae June 24, 2013 at 1:33 am

Very cool. Cute stuff.

• Christy C June 24, 2013 at 1:38 am

What a great initiative Target has made. It's amazing how many struggles this nation continues to face despite having so much abundance. Thanks for sharing this!
    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof…

• Meghan Silva June 24, 2013 at 2:30 am

What an amazing initiative .

• Bára Rektorová June 24, 2013 at 4:31 am

These dishes are really nice, my style! It is great that there are companies like Target who care about people and not just figures.

• Unknown June 24, 2013 at 8:58 am

Last Thursday I watched a documentary called "A Place at the Table". If you are interested in learning more about hunger in America and food insecurity, I highly recommend it. It talks about how charity and donation can only do so much and will never be enough to solve hunger in America and rather, it is through policy that we can meaningfully address the problem.

• Anonymous June 24, 2013 at 9:29 am

Hi Jean! Thanks for sharing your picks. Which items will you actually purchase from this collection to support the FEED program? Will you do a feature on the items you purchase and how you use them? Thanks!

• Gena Palmieri June 24, 2013 at 9:50 am

Such a great collaboration!
    xo
    Blush and Blossoms

• PetiteAsianGirl June 24, 2013 at 9:54 am

Hi there – I plan on buying the striped serving dishes ($20) to bring to summer barbeques (maybe with a layered dip for chips, or mixed fruit inside) and leaving the dish for the host. Will take photos and circle back with an update this summer – thank you for the suggestion!

• Always Maylee June 24, 2013 at 10:22 am

Another reason to love Target!

xo, Yi-chia

• FashionEdible June 24, 2013 at 11:52 am

Those plates are gorgeous and the tote is very practical. It's great to see a large retailer playing a hand in helping out the less fortunate. What a great idea!

• Caroline June 24, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Target's clothes aren't small enough for women like us though, are they? Unless things have changed recently (I haven't been to a Target in a few years).

• Midnight Cowgirl June 24, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I'm excited to see this collection!

• Stephanie Peng June 24, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I'm really loving everything I've seen in this collection so far. I'll definitely be picking some things up, especially since it goes to a great charity!

• Heather June 24, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I am so excited about the FEED USA collection. I really like that heathered jacket and I plan on picking up the cute beaded bracelets that are in the lookbook.

• Unknown June 25, 2013 at 8:30 am

There are a couple of cute things I like, however, I am going to need to look and see where they are made. I'd have a hard time buying something made in a third-world country, given the wages they pay there, even if it supports a charity here in the US. It would be just a little too hypocritical.

• Assaba Linda A. June 25, 2013 at 9:41 am

Jean, thank you so much for posting this. I am moving to a new apartment soon and I have this yellow/white/blue theme going on in my decor. I've been having a hard time finding items I like for the kitchen in those colors; this collection looks perfect for me! AND it helps raise awareness (I like to entertain, so lotsa folks will be coming through my kitchen).

• Anonymous June 25, 2013 at 9:41 am

Just curious, how do you think third-world countries become developed without foreign investment and trade? Economics say wages are determined by local market and regulations (or lack thereof).