• MAGNUM Ice Cream and alice + olivia: behind the scenes

Magnum and Alice_group
    Earlier this month, I had the chance to be part of a collaboration between MAGNUM Ice Cream (Web/Facebook/Twitter) and alice + olivia. It was so much fun and I want to thank you all for your readership and support, which allows me to even be considered for such opportunities. The event was to celebrate the launch of MAGNUM Mini Ice Cream Bars, and Stacey Bendet of a+o, who will design a mini skirt inspired by these treats.
    Magnum and Alice_2

With my photo buddy for the night, Sydne

Upon walking into the event, I was overjoyed to see the all the freezers filled with MAGNUM Mini bars waiting to be consumed. Between privately indulging in a few flavors (my favorite will always be Classic), catching up with familiar faces and meeting new ones, one of the best parts of the night was getting to chat with the founder of alice + olivia.
    Magnum and Alice_4
    a+o is a brand that I don’t personally shop because of the price points, but I have admired how the line caters to a wide range of fashionistas. I have distinctly different friends who each love the brand, and I was curious how Stacey did it. The first thing she said to me was “you are so small! I love small people!” (mind you, she is very petite herself but you would never know it with the 6″ shoes). She then answered that whenever she designs, she pictures four individual women with different personalities and body types, and tries to have something in her collections that appeals to and flatters each one of them.
    Magnum and Alice_3
    For the rest of the event, we were asked to create personal looks inspired by our favorite flavor. We slipped on a+o dresses that we selected ahead of time, and finished styling our ensembles using a TDF collection of vintage pieces and interesting jewelry. I could not help but gravitate towards this vintage sweater jacket in one of my favorite colors. I look forward to sharing the final images soon, but in the meantime, here’s a behind-the-scenes video from the event:

Disclosure: This campaign is produced by Style Coalition and sponsored by MAGNUM Ice Cream.

40 thoughts on “MAGNUM Ice Cream and alice + olivia: behind the scenes

• Halle June 28, 2012 at 12:38 am

Ahh that sounds like so much fun! I am absolutely in love with Alice+Olivia's design!

Have a wonderful week!

• Ngoc N June 28, 2012 at 12:42 am

Awesome, congrats! You look great in that sequined dress. Magnum is delicious, I was able to review them for my food blog and now I'm hooked.

• Sanjana June 28, 2012 at 12:46 am

That looks like an amazing event! Awesome!

herdollface.blogspot.com

• DSK Steph June 28, 2012 at 12:57 am

Too cool!! You look gorgeous Jean!

• jenn~the stylish housewife June 28, 2012 at 1:11 am

WOW! this looks like an AMAZING time! so fun! i'd love to get my hands on a little a+o! =)

xoxo, jenn
      the stylish housewife

• The Guilt Letter June 28, 2012 at 1:17 am

Looks like so much fun! I love that jacket. Cant wait for new pictures and details.

octoberchic.com

• newpetite June 28, 2012 at 1:29 am

You look gorgeous in that sequined dress and that sounds like a fun event!

• Kat June 28, 2012 at 1:50 am

Wow just finished watching the behind the scenes clip. What an amazing experience to be a part of! I have a friend that works at A+O corp. and all the people there are just so fun! So THAT'S why you were in NY 😉

Well thank you for sharing! Can't wait for the follow-up photos!

kat
      aneyeforfashion.blogspot.com

• Sparks In Spring June 28, 2012 at 1:55 am

That is an amazing shift dress Jean, I love that its glamorous yet not compromising comfort. I love the beaded dresses other girls are wearing too!

• Attila Cat June 28, 2012 at 2:00 am

You look so glamorous, Jean!

I have a question about dressing–I work as a chemist and have a strict full coverage dresscode. We are allowed to wear only pants all year round, and sometimes the black skinny jeans everyday get a little stale. Got any good recommendations for petite casual pants, especially ones that don't make you look stumpy and short with flats (heels in the lab are kind of hazardous)?

• Bettina June 28, 2012 at 2:03 am

What an amazing opportunity, so nice that you were able to be a part of it!

• apixiesviewonfashion.com June 28, 2012 at 2:50 am

Ooohhhh the bracelets!!! Love them!

x
      Sabrina

• MizzJ June 28, 2012 at 3:44 am

Wow you guys all look so glam in that first photo!

• Danielle H. June 28, 2012 at 4:22 am

Are you going to feature a 2nd post about Part II of your trip to the Philippines? :]

• Anonymous June 28, 2012 at 4:44 am

I think you misspelled Sydne's name

• SewPetiteGal June 28, 2012 at 5:27 am

So glam (and in the name of ice cream bars? AWESOME)!! When do we get to see the whole campaign?

• Anonymous June 28, 2012 at 7:42 am

Is there something wrong with your right leg? Odd angle? Photoshop mishap?

• Natasha Fatah June 28, 2012 at 8:09 am

Looks like you guys are having a great time. 🙂

xoxo
      ~Natasha Fatah~
      ~Natasha Fatah~

• Suzie Q June 28, 2012 at 10:40 am

That sounds like such a fun and fabulous event! I love the sequin dress that you wore! I agree with your thoughts on A+O, I definitely admire their beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing, the first photo is super cute! I can't wait to see the piece inspired by the ice cream =)

xoxo,
      Suzie Q

• Priscilla June 28, 2012 at 11:51 am
    • Wendy June 28, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Thank you for sharing Jean! I'm kind of embarrassed to say this but… I thought MAGNUM was a condom brand LOL! Can't wait to see your looks love!

• ELAINE June 28, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Hi Jean! I've been following your blog for a few months now and I love it! I'm a small person myself and you give me inspiration and hope when I shop! 🙂 I am actually looking for a dress for a black tie affair right now. The event is next April (but I'm one of the co-chairs so I figured I better start looking early). I wore a short dress last year but I've been toying with the idea of a long one for this year. Would it be possible for you to do a post on advice when it comes to shopping for a long dress? Thanks in advance!
      -Elaine

• Anonymous June 28, 2012 at 3:47 pm

i dont think she did, actually.

• Ann June 28, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Wow Jean, you look so gorgeous in pics and videos, but you must look even BETTER in person! *___*

Nick is so lucky… and must've guard you with a sword to keep other guys off LOL

• Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) June 28, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Ummm…how COOL! You are with the likes of Ivanka Trump and Rachel Bilson!!! So proud of you Jean – you deserve it! <3

• borka gamero June 28, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Great Experience!
      Congrats!
      Xox
      Borka

chicfashionworld.blogspot.com

• PetiteAsianGirl June 28, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Actually, I did! Thanks for pointing it out – fixed.

• PetiteAsianGirl June 28, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Danielle, yes – I can't wait to share. I've just been going through thousands of photos from that leg of the trip : )

• PetiteAsianGirl June 28, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Hi there – what about just some straight legged pants that aren't black skinny jeans? Are you allowed to even show a little ankle? I've been loving the ankle-length colored pants…and am imagining a nice rust, or dark burgandy or olive ankle pant for Fall. These pants usually cover pretty much the entire leg but end just at the ankle, but just make sure they are sleek fitting to look less stumpy.

• PetiteAsianGirl June 28, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Hi Elaine, I've gotten this question a few times but unfortunately I have zero experience shopping for longer, black tie affair dresses. If I ever need one I would just make sure it is sleek and drapes nicely, versus poofy at any point. A higher waistline also maximizes the elegance effect in my opinion – makes the skirt part appear longer and more seamless. Sorry I can't be of more help! I don't even know where to look for such dresses.

• ELAINE June 28, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Haha! It's all good! Thanks for your advice and keep blogging! 🙂 Love all your updates!

• KT of KTRstyle.com June 29, 2012 at 1:04 am

Looks like such a blast!! I can't wait to see the final results of your outfit Jean!

• Danielle H. June 29, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Staying tuned! 🙂

• lin June 30, 2012 at 8:38 am

it's just the angle, nothing wrong with the pic. 😉

jean, you look great in the sequins dress. looks like you all had fun. 😀

• Jackie June 30, 2012 at 1:21 pm

How exciting! Shoes and ice cream? Two of the best things EVER. XD

• Bára Rektorová July 1, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Can´t wait to see the ice cream outfit!
      You look so beautiful, as always. You are my inspiration!

• Joy July 1, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I love Magnum ice cream! I also admire Alice & Olivia, but the price point makes it not practical for me. Looks like you had fun! Congrats!

• Annabelle July 2, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Alice + Olivia is one of my favorite lines — interesting to hear some insights into the collection!

• Sydne July 6, 2012 at 12:10 am

I had so much fun with you on the shoot! And love how you wore the polka dot pumps in your recent video. Hope to see you again soon! xo

• Julie July 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

Oh! I stared at it for so long before finally realizing why it looked so weird. Her shoes are a pastel yellow/cream color so it blends in with the floor. The little triangle of yellow at is her shoe – not the floor.