**ASOS sale alert: the striking blue peplum dress I reviewed is 40% off w/ free ship & returns. I loved mine too much to return it, but it needed a hem for sure. The slit is also closeable by a tailor or if you sew.**
Per an anonymous tip (thank you!), the extra 30% off sale code works on J.Crew Factory items as well (MUSTHAVE good til 4/20). I was bored in class and decided to take a peek on my phone...and couldn't believe the stock and prices! Any of the below would make a cute affordable gift for Mom, a sister, or girlfriend. Don't forget to go through ebates (referral, see my post on how to use it) for another 6% cash back...the rate is usually 2 or 3%!
- If you can wear regular sizing...there are some classic J.Crew-looking pieces at amazing price points. Navy tweed pencil skirt for $17? Silk camp blouse for $24? Remember that you can ask livechat for exact measurements for a certain item and size.
- You can combine your Factory order with the regular store to meet the $175 minimum for free ship.
- Factory orders can ONLY be returned via mail or to Factory stores. Mail is definitely easier for me. I already plan on using the pre-paid return shipping label (costs $5.95 to mail back 1 item, $7.50 to mail back 2 or more items) from my regular store order yesterday, and customer service told me I can just add on Factory returns into the same package at no additional cost. Beware of final sale items.
- If you're extra petite, the little girls Factory section has some adorable summer shorts for free shipping w/ no minimum. I saw gingham, seersucker, and paisley all for ~under $25 after promos. Was very tempted to get the blue gingham shorts, but don't love the back pockets.
- Don't forget your men! I picked Nick up the gingham shirt below (many different colors and sizes of men's gingham to choose from).
Here are some stuff that was in my cart (including Mom and Nick's picks) before we carefully weeded out half of it. I just wanted to show some of the price points and variety available, though:
Update: See SewPetiteGal's J.Crew Factory review on some items. I want to emphasize again to please obtain measurements of items from online customer service to avoid sizing disappointment. J.Crew Factory womens clothing (especially since their Factory line starts at XS and not XXS, 0 and not 00) will usually not fit extra petite women. For example, customer service gave me the following measurements for the tweed pencil skirt in 0: "waist circumference is 29.5 inches. The hip circumference is 36.75 inches. The length is 21 inches."