1. Divided Peplum Dress (item # 061128) in sz 2, $29.95. My wardrobe is in dire need of cocktail dresses. This LBD fit me nicely and I thought the silhouette was smashing. I know some women are scared of peplum, but it can be figure-enhancing for those like myself with minimal curves. With the right accessories, this $30 dress can look more $$$. The material is poly/elastane - feels like a thick ponte. Purchased.
2. Divided Tweed Jacket in sz 2, $39.95. I have been looking for a Chanel-esque collarless jacket, and would've seriously considered this if the color combo was classier. Sleeve length was slightly awkward on me, but the cropped torso length is good for shorter women. Unfortunately, pink, white, and black with silver zippers all over is not for me. Passed (although I did find my Chanel-esque jacket shortly after - can't wait to share!).
3. H&M Trend Boucle Skirt, sz 2 - $39.95 (or was it $49?) H&M Trend used to be my favorite department, but lately it's been either too funky for me, or too expensive. This skirt is both. What could've been an elegant burgandy boucle skirt (sounds dreamy, no?) was snipped here and there, to become a mini with an uneven slit and a front length that is 2" shorter than the back. Passed.
4. H&M regular Knit Blazer, sz 4 - $34.95. My knit blazer from last year is still a wardrobe favorite, so I just wanted to show an alternative currently available in stores. This one seemed popular and I could not find a sz 2 to try on. Hip length works well for shorter ladies. Passed.
5. H&M regular Front-Placket Blouse, sz 2 - $29.95. I saw these in four colors (mauve, navy, cream, and I forget the last) and they reminded me of Ann Taylor's double-placket blouse. This one is longer and comes with a thin brown belt - probably meant to be worn as a tunic. I liked the drape when tucked in, and the selection of colors, but material seemed cheaper than usual and wrinkle-prone. Passed.
Readers - Any good finds from H&M lately? Please share!