Heels: Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps sz 5 (suede from last season)- Lining is too long and keeps peeking out (maybe it's just mine?)
Happy Saturday, readers! Just a quick little review on a Gap combo dress I picked up this month.
- Fully lined, decent quality
- Affordable, esp with coupons and sales
- Back zip closure makes side alterations easy
- Fit is pretty decent for a 0P, however is a tad roomy in the armholes and bust
- Bust darts are too low for where my chest actually is
- I wish the bodice part were knit / ponte instead
The top feels like a stretch cotton/poplin material, and the bottom is a thicker textured tweed.
Thankfully, most of my "dislikes" are fixable. The lining can be shortened if you're handy with hems, and the armhole and bust problems can be addressed with a simple shortening of the straps, like so:
After simply shortening the straps, the end result is:
- Smaller armholes
- More fitted across the back
- Bust darts move up closer to my actual chest
- Higher waistline (you may or may not like this)
My verdict? I'm too lazy to sew this month, and this dress wasn't love at first sight, so I'll probably return. See this dress also reviewed by Ping, who is about the same size. If you're looking for a fairly classic sheath dress with a nice texture, this is an affordable option.
Readers - did anyone else pick up this dress? What do you think?