H&M Update – Coats, faux leather, and more orange

If you signed up for H&M; emails, check your inbox for a 20% off one item coupon. Or, download the H&M; app on your iPhone or Android and shake it for the same coupon, good ’til 9/26. No purchases for me this visit, but here’s what caught my eye:

1. Wool Double-Breasted Coat sz 2 – $49.95, item #051404. On my wishlist (but no rush) is a classic, quality camel coat. I don’t plan on finding it from H&M;, but this coat is a great value for those looking for something affordable (esp w/ the coupon). Sizing runs big and is shapeless when un-belted, but looks decent when belted.

2. Faux leather paneled pants sz 2 – $24.95, also in brown. The juniors Divided department also has faux leather shorts in pink and black. The material on these is thick and the side paneling is stretchy. I came so close to getting these, but thought they may need to be tighter given the style. In the pic I have ~ 2 inches folded under. Leather-look pants are more versatile than some would think, and are a chic (and warm) alternative to jeans. I’d wear these with this slouchy blouse and ankle booties.

3. Double-Breasted Thick Knit Coat, sz 2, $59.95. Here’s the good ole sweatshirt material again. I think this would look better on someone taller, as a menswear-inspired mid-thigh length coat.

4. Side-Ruffle Blazer, sz 2, $49.95. The ruffle is cute, but sleeves are way too long. I was so impressed by the quality of my orange swing jacket from H&M;’s “trend” line, this one from their regular line just doesn’t compare.

5. Thick ponte knit circle skirt, sz 2, $30 (?). Tons, tons of orange this season at H&M.; This skirt has a tiny waist (~23″ for sz 2), zip closure, and a swingy bottom. I’d love to see it on someone who can rock retro style.

More orange: assortment of cozy scarves for under $15, and a little structured satchel for $24.95. I usually shy away from H&M; bags and invest in quality ones, but for scarves – you can’t beat the selection and prices.

Today’s outfit: Remember this ensemble? I know some women try to never repeat an outfit, but on rushed mornings, I am grateful for tried-and-true pairings that I can reach for with eyes half open.

Jacket: H&M; sz 2, Skirt: Ann Taylor Crossing Paths Skirt sz 00P  Necklace: c/o AT

Thank you so much everyone who takes time to leave your comments and thoughts. I read and truly appreciate every single one, however I’ve fallen behind in responding. If you have a question and would like a quick answer, please let me know via Twitter (make sure your account isn’t set to private) or my Facebook wall, and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible : )

Readers – Any good H&M; finds? For $20, should I go back for #2 & do a DIY hem?

39 thoughts on “H&M Update – Coats, faux leather, and more orange

• The Little Dust Princess September 22, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Are those the pants with no back pockets? I was SO close to getting them until I looked at the back. I've been wanting a pair of leather pants for so long, but it's really hard to find one that's tight as I know leather stretches. The side ruffle blazer is SO cute! Kinda reminds me of fish scales, but I love the colour.

• Justine September 22, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I love Fall. I definitely should stay away from the malls if I plan on keeping my bank account afloat this season….

• lin September 22, 2011 at 11:16 pm

jean, thanks for the h&m; reviews. some of those are great finds. i'll probably go check it out this weekend.

the faux leather paneled pants look nice on you and you can't beat the price. it's good that there are some things that you can DIY. it does save on tailor costs. πŸ˜‰

• Megan September 22, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I love the camel coat on you! It definitely could be a little more fitted though. Also, you're probably about the only person I've seen who can rock leather pants. Lucky! πŸ™‚

• Angie September 22, 2011 at 11:22 pm

i like the first coat! been eyeing it on the website. i also really love the cut of that last skirt and THAT PINK BLAZER! i know where i'm spending my coupon πŸ™‚

• Anonymous September 22, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Honestly, the only look I really like is the last outfit. The leather pants might look better in person, because they look a bit cheap in the photo. Maybe it's the panel or maybe it's just the photo?

• miah100 September 22, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Did you get a chance to check out the brown faux for coat?

• alittlepetite September 22, 2011 at 11:32 pm

I love the leather pants! Great post! I will have to go check out H&M; soon!

alittlepetite.wordpress.com

• Petite and Hungry September 22, 2011 at 11:39 pm

love them both!!

• Anonymous September 22, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Love your H&M; orange jacket! Just an off topic question – would you mind telling me what's brand/color of your nail polish?

• Michelle September 23, 2011 at 12:13 am

That pencil skirt paired with the ruffle blazer is so cute! I think I'm going to go to h&m; tomorrow and try to get that exact look. With the fall comes many great new looks…….especially for work. πŸ™‚

• The Girlie Blog September 23, 2011 at 12:50 am

Love the tan coat on you. And that pencil skirt fits so well.

• Canadianpetite September 23, 2011 at 2:03 am

Thank you for visiting my blog and subbing, Jean. It means a lot to me.

That camel coat caught my eye too. Unfortunately, my store only had size 10 and up. Re:pants — go for it!

• vonnie September 23, 2011 at 3:44 am

I have the opposite problem with the pink scalloped blazer! The arms weren't long enough for me πŸ™

ohsovonnie.blogspot.com

• Anne September 23, 2011 at 4:49 am

I visited my local H&M; (two stores actually) yesterday and couldn't find anything in size 2! I ended up buying two basic long tank tops and a cute nude colored top with deers and other animals on it in black, size 4, from the Divided line.

• M September 23, 2011 at 7:45 am

I like the camel coat. The sleeves look long though. I'm definitely heading to h&m; this morning after this post!

• NeutraKris September 23, 2011 at 8:11 am

I'd pass on #2, but I think you could definitely pull off #5! Shame the ruffled blazer was too long – it was so cute! The coat in the opening image was very nice, too. I have that coupon, though I haven't used it yet.

• PetiteLittleGirl September 23, 2011 at 9:06 am

I really love the camel coat on you. If sleeves are long for you, it might be a good fit for me. I am going to stop by the store and check it out. I think you can definitely pull off the leather pants. You should give them a try =) Have a great weekend, Jean!

• SippingGreenTea September 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

Gorgeous as always Jean :)! I especially love the shirt and the statement necklace!

Just want to let all fellow makeup and beauty enthusiasts that I am currently doing a project and would really appreciate if you lovely bloggers would help me with a very very quick survey – only takes 5mins max! Just click on the link below πŸ™‚

Thank you ever so much! Lots of love,
    – W xx

• Rena September 23, 2011 at 10:48 am

You're making me reconsider purchasing the faux leather pants as well…especially since there's a 20% off coupon…and it could replace my black yoga pants that I wear with slouchy blouses…decisions, decisions, decisions…
    I think you should get it!
    I might get it for myself today!

<33 Rena

• Jennifer September 23, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I love that swing jacket on you! I tried on the blue in store yesterday, but alas it was not nearly as cute since I am taller (5'7", 100lbs). Such a cute style on you- I would rewear that outfit too!!!

• Kelly September 23, 2011 at 2:52 pm

cute stuff – like the camel trench and the ruffle blazer – does the blazer come in any other colors?

• Nicole M September 23, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I just bought the faux leather pants! I love the way the size 2 fit on me! I even pick up a pair for my petite sister. For they are definately worth it. I pair mine with a silk blouse and my new Kors booties.

• Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) September 23, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Wow H&M; is doing pretty well this season. I wish I had the patience to try stuff on. Those leather pants are cute! I would have worn those in my university days πŸ˜›

• Annapurna September 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm

H&M; hit it out of the park this season but I found a lot of the stuff to be kind of expensive for the quality.

I actually like the pink jacket! It looks great on you – but I can see why you passed – not worth the alterations. I am loving all the orange at H&M; this season. A few weeks ago I picked up two sweaterdresses – in candy pink and navy – they are soooo comfortable.

The sweaterdresses fit loosely but generally skirts and dresses are running tiny this season. I used my 20% on a dark satin-y navy skirt with black flowers – I had to size up to a 6 (the four fit TTS, I guess, but I liked that the 6 sits at the hip and hit me at the knee, where I like my skirts to hit.). It also came in a dress that fit very tiny (and was $20 off of $49.95 so the skirt, pre coupon, cost more than then dress!). I also picked up a faux wrap dress in a orange/pink/brown floral to try on at home.

• bettyC16 September 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Jean! You always find the good stuff!! Now I'm def gonna get an orange scarf and the faux leather leggings!!! so in <3

• Megs September 23, 2011 at 8:26 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• curvypetite September 23, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I love the wool double breasted coat! I wanted to try it on, but the one store I check didn't have my size or anything close to my size! I'll check the other H&M; stores round here.

• Ly September 23, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I'm really loving the leather pants/shorts look this fall!

• M September 23, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I was at h&m; today and saw those. I didn't try them on though because they looked bulky. It may be worth mentioning they also have faux leather leggings in their divided line. They have a front zipper closure and, I'm convinced, run small as I walked out of there with a size 4 (NEVER happens for pants).

• watercoloursky September 23, 2011 at 11:50 pm

That orange skirt reminds me of Mad Men for some reason! I'm loving orange though I'm too timid to wear it in clothing yet – just accessories and bags for now πŸ™‚

• JJ September 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I was THIS close to buying the midi orange skirt – it fits perfectly on the waist, and I adore the color! But I've already bought myself a burnt orange H&M; skirt, so it seems a bit of a waste to buy more than one…still so tempted though, especially after seeing it again here.

By the way, love the faux leather leggings. They look awesome on you!

• Anonymous September 25, 2011 at 3:26 pm

The coat looks so much more expensive than it is! What color nail polish are you wearing?

• PetiteAsianGirl September 25, 2011 at 3:53 pm

@Anonymous @Anonymous It's "Vixen" from Revlon. It's a deep plum. Got it from CVS last year and it's my go-to Fall color : )

• Lisa - respect the shoes September 25, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I like the pleather pants – and if you're going for something that is more like a skinny pants instead of a legging fit, I think it looks pretty darn great on you, especially for the price. And if you know how to DIY hem, even sweeter!

• Scumbag Chic October 24, 2011 at 3:41 am

I got the faux leather pants thanks to you!

• buy leather Jacket March 1, 2012 at 5:16 am

Nice and elegant like its color texture and design.

• leather jackets men March 8, 2012 at 5:19 am

Perfectly designed coats like it so much.

• charlesdusty10 April 3, 2012 at 3:02 am

This comment has been removed by the author.