• Preview: Maine Getaway

maine2

Oversized ruffle dress: old BR (similar),  Beaded drop necklace: Forever21 (similar)
    Floppy straw hat (my new love!): Gap outlet (similar larger-brim, similar smaller-brim)

Just got back from three days in Maine filled with excessive seafood and good company. I hope US & Canadian readers enjoyed the holiday weekend as much as I did! Here is a preview of gratuitous photo and video footage to ensue later this week.
    maine1

49 thoughts on “Preview: Maine Getaway

• Michelleesque July 4, 2011 at 11:39 pm

I absolutely love your outfit and that last photo is adorable! I can't wait to see your post on Maine! πŸ™‚

• The Little Dust Princess July 4, 2011 at 11:44 pm

The necklace is perfect with your dress! And omg! You're wearing a hat..something we rarely see. πŸ˜€ Would like a frontal shot though ; )

And hey hey, Canadians had Canada Day this weekend too πŸ˜€

• DSK Steph July 4, 2011 at 11:46 pm

You love birds are adorable! I was just talking to Minh about Maine! I've been watching Youtube videos about the fabulous East Coast. πŸ˜€

Happy 4th of July!

• R.L. July 4, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Hahaha, love the last photo especially! Can't wait to see more! And now you suddenly have me lusting for a straw hat…

• Eve July 4, 2011 at 11:51 pm

awww looks like so much fun! u two looks adorable!!

• Iyah July 5, 2011 at 12:01 am

aweee so sweet!! πŸ™‚ you look so pretty!

• Jane Squared July 5, 2011 at 12:03 am

MAINE! I've always wanted to go lobstering there. The second photo has gotten me excited for your post on what Maine has to offer! πŸ˜€

• Jen July 5, 2011 at 12:11 am

Awww Jean you look absolutely gorgeous and the last photo really could not be any cuter. I want to be jealous but I just can't because you two look so darn adorable πŸ˜‰ Can't wait to see more photos from the trip and glad you had a good long weekend!

xox
      Jen

• Mindyβ™₯ July 5, 2011 at 12:14 am

Jean!! You look so relaxed and gorgeous in your picture!! Loving the last pic as well! Too cute! Happy 4th of July!

• kileen July 5, 2011 at 12:21 am

Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see more pics, especially with the floppy hat!

• kileen July 5, 2011 at 12:21 am

• Stephie July 5, 2011 at 12:33 am

You are so gorgeous Jean! I love the ruffle dress and the accessories. I love the last pic, so so so darn adorable!!! Happy 4th <3

• Rainy Days and Lattes July 5, 2011 at 12:47 am

Adorable pics! πŸ™‚

• H July 5, 2011 at 1:08 am

Hey Jean! I was wondering if you could do a post about finding the perfect work trousers? Even when I go to size 00 and the waist fits, every thing looks awkward on me. I don't know if it is because I am not used to the style, but I look like I have no shape under the pants. I also have a pretty small waist for an 'adult' (sz23) so even finding something that fits at the waist is difficult. Children's pants are awkward because the legs and bum don't fit :*(

• Heather July 5, 2011 at 1:09 am

I love the necklace on you! It's true how accessories spice up an outfit so much. & that is SUCH a cute couple picture! (:

• MizzJ July 5, 2011 at 1:20 am

Aww that 2nd photo is just adorable! And love your F21 necklace!

• Rinny July 5, 2011 at 1:29 am

You look so pretty in the first photo Jean! And you and your hubby are so cute together. Hope you both had a wonderful long weekend!

• Russian Chic July 5, 2011 at 1:59 am

What a precious couple!

• Emily July 5, 2011 at 3:17 am

That is probably the best picture of you to date! And I love the couple pic of you and Nick… Awwwwh.

• Maeve Rachel July 5, 2011 at 7:26 am

I love your outfit! The last photo is so cute! I love it! =)

• cadrommy July 5, 2011 at 8:57 am

You look fabulous as always! I love your hat! I love hats but I can never wear them, I can't stand sweating underneath them. Lol.

• simplyvonne July 5, 2011 at 9:40 am

omgosh that pix of you and ur bf is soo adorable!! cant wait to see more!

• Kirsty July 5, 2011 at 10:22 am

what a pretty dress! looks so comfy too πŸ™‚

• Nelah July 5, 2011 at 10:30 am

Lobe Forever21 accessories, they are not too bad in terms of quality in my opinion. Perfect pairing with your dress and nail polish.

The pic of you and your bf is beautiful.

• Anonymous July 5, 2011 at 11:18 am

The last picture is amazing! πŸ™‚

Do you have any advice on looking older for someone with very skinny arms/legs? I'm 5'3", but have relatively long arms and legs. They look extremely skinny.

• β™₯ Natalie July 5, 2011 at 11:18 am

Awesome pictures!!

• Katherine July 5, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Jean you are gorgeous here and I love the photo of you and your boy – so adorable! I love Maine and am sad I can't visit it so easily anymore πŸ™‚ Looking forward to seeing photos of all the food and fun!

• Kelly July 5, 2011 at 1:50 pm

love your dress and the pix! the last one is great! and yay for the hat you have – they're always so classic

• Angie July 5, 2011 at 2:30 pm

you look gorgeous ! so cute πŸ™‚

• Ping July 5, 2011 at 4:51 pm

awww you and nick are so adorable together!!! too cute! hope you hade a nice 4th of july!

• Thu July 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm

that last picture was really cute!:) wow, i was discussing vacation options with my friend and talked about going to maine few months ago, but didn't realize there were quite a few people who also think about going there for vacation! it seems so peaceful and have awesome seafood. my friend and i had discussed opening a bed and breakfast there if we become old spinsters one day…:)

• PetiteLittleGirl July 5, 2011 at 8:12 pm

You look beautiful as always, Jean! Looks like you had a lovely weekend. You two make such a cute couple. I am sure Maine lobster tasted 100 times better than the frozen ones at the supermarket:)

• Callandra July 5, 2011 at 10:16 pm

What adorable pictures Jean, I totally love them!!

• Gracie July 5, 2011 at 10:33 pm

the second photo is too adorable!

• Verity and Rose July 5, 2011 at 11:23 pm

omg love those pictures and that last pictures! soooo cute! πŸ™‚

• Michelle July 5, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Gorgeous! I am loving your hat, too!! I cannot wait to see the pics from your Maine trip! I hear Ping was trying to coax you into a Vegas trip! :p

• Anonymous July 6, 2011 at 12:04 am

Jean you look amazing!!! Let me tell you, I was a little bit sad because of the giveaways… I'm from South America and I've been reading you a lot lately. I love the style of the petite fashion bloggers. I get so much inspired!!. I feel that even if we live in different parts of the continent I can totally feel related to you guys. So just a big thank you! I would like to mail you one day and shared some stories about the difficulties of the "perfect fit", not only in the U.S. XO – Vanesa.

• Anonymous July 6, 2011 at 3:54 pm

i love all ur posts! i'm petite too and have a really hard time finding clothes that fit. I end up altering everything… Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina! πŸ˜€
      M.

• o0SerenityAngel0o July 6, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I absolutely love that dress. You look so stunning in these pictures. The very last one is so cute πŸ™‚

• Lauren July 6, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I absolutely /adore/ your blog. Ever since I found it a month or so ago, I have gone back and read each and every one of your posts!

You've inspired me to take more care with my style, to put in more effort each day, and to even start a blog of my own, chronicling my quest to get good petite fashion on a seriously small budget!

Thanks so much for the great blog, and the great inspiration!