Fashion Thursdays

Last Thursday, I had the pleasure of watching my friend model at the Liberty Hotel. That afternoon, I peered into my closet and was suddenly alarmed – I had nothing fabulous to wear. As I am aging, long gone are the days of partying past 2am on weeknights. My wardrobe has slowly been whittled down to about 90% professional attire, plus some casual stragglers. There’s no excuse for this tragedy…I hope to infuse some fun pieces into my wardrobe this year.

I was relegated to wearing this old H&M; sz 4 (yes, 4…it runs so small) bandage dress plus black ankle booties.

fashionthurs1
My glamorous bff doing her thing:
fashionthurs7fashionthurs8

fashionthurs6
fashionthurs13fashionthurs12

The fan corner:

fashionthurs9
Taupe OTK boots (sadly, not pictured) topped off her lovely ensemble:
fashionthurs10
fashionthurs11fashionthurs3

I also had the pleasure of meeting up with IamKhatu. If you haven’t checked out Khatu’s blog yet, you’re in for a treat. She wears delightfully trendy outfits and is a testament against the excuse that tiny ladies have a harder time being fashion-forward. The photo above is us kicking our shoes off to compare height (I was in 4″ booties, and she, in 6″ platforms). Being that I’m 5 feet tall, dare I guess Khatu is 4’10” or below?

fashionthurs2

Khatu talked about how a lot of her clothes are still big for her, but it’s all in how you wear the garments, stand, and carry yourself. She also does a lot of DIY alterations. Below is her trademark strong-shouldered coat from Zara that is big on both of us. The coat is undoubtedly wearing me and swallowing me up, versus Khatu who is wearing and rocking the coat.

fashionthurs4fashionthurs5
And oh yes, I can knock something off of this list now. It’s not gray or small, but I think it filled the void in my heart nicely and will get lots of love for years to come.

55 thoughts on “Fashion Thursdays

• *ms.angela89* March 13, 2011 at 4:52 pm

You look fabulous in that black mini dress. πŸ˜€ It makes your legs look longer compare to Khatu. You and your boyfriend are so cute together? Yeah I'm sure you get lots of comments but its true. πŸ™‚ He's bless to have a pretty gf like you.

• Leena March 13, 2011 at 4:54 pm

you look beautiful! looks like you had a great time πŸ™‚

• Callandra March 13, 2011 at 5:04 pm

What great pictures, I loved seeing you and Khatu together! I never would have guessed that she is shorter than you. I also enjoyed the pictures of your friend modeling. I'd say that I would wish to be that tall, but I'm sure extra height just brings challenges of it's own πŸ˜‰ Sounds like a very glamerous evening and lots of fun – Thank you for sharing!!

• Ski Petite March 13, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Cute photos of you and Khatu πŸ™‚ It's always nice to see us petites in photos with others. It gives it a little perspective on what size everyone is.

• Really Petite March 13, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Oooo is that the Chanel purse making an appearance? Lol
    You and Khatu look gorgeous!!! Looks like you had a fabulous time;)

Thx for sharing!!

• Alterations Needed March 13, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Jealous! Looks like you ladies had a blast, and your bff looked amazing! I was shocked to find out Khatu was so petite, since in her photos she always looks so fabulous & wears brands that usually swamp me. She's so lucky she can carry off items that are still too big, but look great anyways.

I feel your pain about not having anything "fabulous" to wear. I can dress casually quite well, but if I have to go somewhere trendy and dressy, I'm lost!

And I instantly noticed that little beauty hanging off your arm (besides Nick that is…). The color looks very "Jean" to me & I can already envision it fitting flawlessly into your wardrobe. Can't wait for some nice daytime photos of her!

• kam wam March 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Cute pictures!!!!! Love your Chanel!

• Aubrey March 13, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Nothing fabulous to wear? Fooled me! You look so stunning, Jean. You and the BF are going to have gorgeous babies πŸ˜‰ Bahahah

And does that purse make the outfit or what!?! Perfect size and colour for you! My favorite picture is the candid shot of you and your gf smiling at eachother – so cute!

Have a great day!

xx

• Liana March 13, 2011 at 6:37 pm

omg you look amazing! your outfit is great, despite you thinking you had nothing to wear! you guys are both so petite! i am short too but not as petite as you guys πŸ™

looks like you had fun at your event!

Fashion Bag 411

• Claud March 13, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Amazing pictures. Is this the new chanel bag? Please tell us all about. It looks gorgeous, Jean ^.^

• curls-and-pearls March 13, 2011 at 7:07 pm

new bag, new bag?!? Details on that one please! You and Nick are SUCH a GORGEOUS couple! Wow your BFF was totally owning that runway – good for her! And so fun that you and Khatu got to meet!! You are both so glamorous and I also would have never thought there was a huge height difference between the two of you – that is sooo cool!

Both of you – absolutely beautiful πŸ™‚

• Jessica March 13, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Great post as always and I must say I LOVE your Chanel!!!!! =)))) I always fall for those neutral colors and yorus is beautiful!

• Ping March 13, 2011 at 7:43 pm

i love the "life with pag" posts! i have missed them, you should post them more often. good to see you not studying…JK! πŸ˜›

i can't believe that is a size 4!! looks so tiny. it's sad to see all the retailer are inflating their sizes.

your bff looks so glam. i love her high pony tail with the poof. she looks really tall too. i'd love to be blonde and tall for a day. lol

…and hello new chanel bag!

• Anh March 13, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Love the new purse!!! It's a gorgeous color, basic black has nothing on it! And i second the earlier opinion that you and your bf are such a cute couple! <3

• Vicky March 13, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Haha, laughing out loud at your "as I'm aging…" comment. My wardrobe is 90% casual, and 10% semi work appropriate by your standard. Even more pathetic. As for party wear, I have absolutely none. I will be watching as you "infuse some fun pieces" in the coming year. πŸ™‚ And the Chanel looks just as pretty in the pictures as in real life. Great choice! It's fabulous, and so are you. Ok, I'll stop more commenting, because I sound like a love-struck teenager here. lol. Oh, and Nick looks so handsome!

• Banhannas March 13, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Oh why hello, new Chanel! Looks so amazing oh my gosh. I am really surprised too that Khatu is so petite. She really knows how to command herself in her clothing! I really like that beige, strong shouldered jacket.

• Kristen March 13, 2011 at 8:29 pm

How gorgeous are you and your bestie? So lovely!

And look at that new Chanel…perfection!

• R.L. March 13, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for sharing! Everyone in all these pictures looks fabulous! Even if your dress was an "old" one from H&M; I still think it looked gorgeous, especially with how you accessorized it. Ankle booties are more versatile than I imagined and now I need to find myself a pair! Was this your first event using your new Chanel? I love that it isn't the traditional black but neutral enough to go with anything.

• swanprincess March 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Like everyone else, you and Nick look so cute!! I am in love with your Taupe Chanel. Gorgeous!! πŸ˜€

• DSK Steph March 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm

You both look stunning! I fancy the Chanel bags! *Day Dreams* πŸ˜€

• PetiteLittleGirl March 13, 2011 at 9:15 pm

You look stunning as always Jean. I am feeling the same way about not having "anything" to wear when we go out. It's a good thing that we don't do that very often anymore.

It was such a fun event and looks like you both had a blast. Your friend looks fabulous. No words for your new baby. Just simply gorgeous πŸ™‚ I can't wait to see more of it.

• I am Khatu March 13, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I too faced the same dilemma. I no longer own clothes for clubbing, another reminder of old age… lol

• Michelle March 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Fun!! You all look so great! I am loving Khatu's pop of pink! I am also loving the delicate top under the animal print that your friend is wearing!!

I know what you mean about slim-pickings for fun clothes! Work clothes seem to have taken over my closet, as well. I am making an effort now to buy more going out clothes…in fact found two cute pieces this weekend. πŸ™‚

I love the dress you wore! It looks even better with your new Chanel! πŸ™‚ I love the color you chose…very versatile! Your boy looks great, too! I should try to get my man in jeans and a blazer! Such a nice look!

• Cat in Calico March 13, 2011 at 10:28 pm

You have such a great wardrobe, I'm sure you could have figured something out anyway! You looked perfect head to toe, regardless.

• kileen March 13, 2011 at 10:38 pm

these are great pictures and you and khatu look so gorgeous!! the taupe chanel purse is a great pick too!! love the color you chose!

• Cee March 13, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Yes! The newest Chanel makes an appearance! I knew she would shed the shyness given the first opportunity (alright, I've completely lost it if I'm talking to a bag, lol). Methinks she deserves her own blog post so we can all drool over all the amazing details πŸ˜‰

Both you and Khatu (and everyone else) look fabulous. My favorite is the height comparison picture. Too cute!

• Couture and Crayons March 13, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Your boyfriend is adorable and that Chanel is to die for! Definitely a color I never considered, but is now on my radar.

Janice
    (Couture and Crayons)

• serenadeveryday March 14, 2011 at 12:13 am

HeLLooOoOo nurse… {*whistles}. Hope you know that cartoon/ phrase or else I'd sound like a TOTAL creep. {*LOL}

Like you I don't have many items for clubbing or semi formal wear in my closet. Total fail. Don't you hate when that happens? You clear your closet of everything but your essentials then one day BAM! you're invited to an event and now you're thinking "shouldn't have thrown that out…" I don't think you need MANY formal or dressy items in your closet. Good thing you had a little black dress handy.

Your looking fab in this old H&M; dress. I can't believe it's a size 4. Darn you H&M;! And my my my… look at that Chanel… =P I spy someone wearing her gorgeous YSL coral ring as well. You look absolutely stunning.
    That's so cool that your bbf does modeling. Must have been a fun night. Definitely digging her style as well. She's SO tall! O_O no wonder she models. {*wowie}

Hope you had an overall great weekend. It was fun reading this "Life with PAG" post. MORE!

<3 s.

• The Little Dust Princess March 14, 2011 at 12:51 am

You ladies are stunning! You look amazing in that dress. It's awesome how we can dig into the back of our closets and find something so chic. : ) Also loving the Chanel ; )

• MizzJ March 14, 2011 at 1:36 am

Your friend is gorgeous! You two must make quite a stir when you go out on the town! Poor bf πŸ˜‰ I know what you mean, I always feel like I have nothing to wear, but you look great in that little dress! Very sexy. And cool that you met Khatu too! She has very sassy style.

• Anonymous March 14, 2011 at 2:39 am

Loved your whole look. The Chanel is a gorgeous color. Is it the small(s/m) or the medium (m/l) size?

• Christina March 14, 2011 at 2:53 am

Love the taupe color – a perfect neutral that isn't black. πŸ˜€ Very chic, I must say!

Your friend (bff) is gorgeous! I envy her height, since you and I are the same height. Gyaaaa~

• kaybee89 March 14, 2011 at 3:13 am

you look sooo gorgeous!

• Elle March 14, 2011 at 9:00 am

*gahh drools all over my keyboard" your new Chanel is incredible!

And I think the bandage dress is very flattering on you! But I am never one to discourage consumption of fun flirty pieces so I am so excited about future posts about your casual purchases.

Both you and Khatu look amazing! And your bff is quite the model!

• PetiteXXS March 14, 2011 at 9:59 am

I always buy dresses thinking about what-if scenarios… but when something does come up, nothing in my closet ever seems appropriate. You look gorgeous and your LBD looks perfect for this event! Your BFF is totally fierce lol, and Khatu looks great as always. And you guys have matching Chanel! Can't wait to see more pics of your new baby πŸ™‚

• Julie March 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

So fun! I'm also feeling my wardrobe slipping toward the professional, and it's really too bad! Party dresses used to be my clothing staple! I'll take the challenge with you to keep the closet young!

Also, love the chanel! It's very nice in the brown! πŸ™‚

• Nelah March 14, 2011 at 10:52 am

Everyone looks so glamorous including the new bag. You look gorgeous..gorgeous.

• grace March 14, 2011 at 12:16 pm

That's the first thing I saw — that new bag! πŸ˜€ You look gorgeous with it — it looks gorgeous on you! I'm guessing you bought it at the 20% opening credit card sale you posted about? I think I will start saving… maybe I'll have that Chanel in three years πŸ™‚

Looks like you had a lot of fun, and that LBD is perfect on you, despite your wishing that you had something more fun to wear. Thanks so much for sharing!

• fashionforteens March 14, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I love that dress on you Jean! An LBD always comes in handy. It's perfect for going out. I really like Khatu's jacket as well! Great pics!

• Jessica March 14, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hey Jean, random question but I was just wondering what bra you're wearing with your dress? I always stay clear of strapless dresses because I can never find a great strapless pushup bra. Please let me know, I would appreciate it so much!