This chambray shirt is an unexpected "keep" for me. A simple chambray shirt has been on my want list for a while, but was never a priority. I've looked halfheartedly at places like J.Crew (too $$ and big) and H&M (not the right shade), before deciding to give this one a try. This is in womens sizing (not juniors) so it was risky, but I needed a free ship filler : )
Worry not - I won't be wearing this farmer-style as shown in the photos. This top will have its glory days paired with colorful skirts and bold jewelry (I'm thinking turquoise or coral) .
- subdued color (not too blue-jeans)
- casual fit
- buttons to keep the sleeves rolled up (unrolled, they're a little too long for my short arms)
- Retail price is a bit steep for Target. With discounts, coupons and ebates I probably got it for about $16, so I shouldn't complain too much.Next up, the Xhilaration Tawny Wedges in sz 5.5. I didn't order these at first, but DSK Steph mentioned that she picked these up in-store and was very pleased with them for the price. I was instantly convinced and ended up getting both colors:
The straps, wedges, zipper detail and ankle strap are all very trendy - but I think it works together!
I like the "pebbled" and "aged" look on the faux-leather and grainy wooden wedges.
- Very decent quality for the price (got these for about $20ish a pair)
- Pebbled leather looks less "faux" and feels softer than my other Target shoes
- On-trend for Spring/Summer
- Sz 5.5 fits me perfectly
- Very lightweight and comfortable
- Non-slip thin rubber sole. I love that all Target shoes have this. Not sure why most "designer" shoes have that super slipper sole...accident waiting to happen on carpet!
- THIN wedge heel! Ahh. When I was in high school I had a traumatic (painful both physically and pride-wise) fall down the stairs while tottering in wedges just like these. If you're a good wedge walker this will be no problem, but as soon as I put these on I knew these would be dangerous on uneven Boston sidewalks.
- Some small scuffs on the sole, but for this price I won't complain. It actually adds a little to the aged leather look.
Dolce Vita Cork Wedges in sz 5.5 here.
If any of you are ordering clothes from Target, code TC2SAPH2 gives you 15% off clothing and shoes, good until tomorrow - 2/25/2011. Orders over $50 always receive free ship, plus if you Google "Target coupon" you should be able to find a $5 off coupon. There is also 3% cash back through ebates.
Readers - did any of you also order these wedges? Let me know what you think!