|Blouse: LOFT Ruffle Halter in XSP (love this!) |
Pants: Gap Slim Cropped Pants in 00P
Belt & Shoes: Banana Republic
My favorite of the bunch, by far, were the slim crops. I'm a legging lover, so these were a welcome alternative for less casual outfits. They are comfy, like a cross between jeans and pants, and have nice trouser details like the tab waist and pockets. I've seen a lot of Gap employees wearing these, so I think it's safe to say they are a universal favorite.
- Sturdy & stretchy 95% cotton/5% spandex material- Slimming & versatile cut
- Affordable (especially with Gap's frequent coupons & sales)
- Runs smaller than all their other pants
- Extra room in the tush and thighs causes creases (on my body type, maybe better for curvier types). However, I have not washed these yet. Since the material is 95% cotton, they might shrink.
- Material is a lint magnet
- Waistband is a little big, yet the hips and thighs were snug
Measurements: 13.5" across the waist, 16.5" across the hips, 24" inseam, 7" rise
On Saturday I wore these with a simple tank and flats. The waist problem is fixed by a belt, but you can still see visible creasing in the back view.
Overall, I recommend these pants for those who are either my size or bigger. I'm interested in seeing how they look on fellow petites with different body types.
Side anecdote: When I went online to write a review for these pants, I did a double take:
Jean Lover...who are you, and can we be friends?
Readers - What do you think? Will you be trying on these pants?