1. Double Breasted Trench in 2P - Nordies is the only US retailer that offers Burberry trenches in petite sizing. It is a shocking 40% off during their Anniversary sale (ends Aug. 2nd) plus I used ebates for an extra 3% cash back.
2. Kids Ivybridge Trench in girls sz 12 - When readers ask about Burberry kids, I always try to deter them. I feel that kids coats - although much cheaper than womens - just don't compare to the cut and quality of their adults line. But in the name of research, I took one for the team and ordered the kids version of the womens Ivybridge trench.
On to today's post...
I tried ELF Cosmetics back in 2004 when they first opened shop, and was pretty disappointed in most of my $1 items. Six years later, though, their offerings have grown significantly, so I decided to give ELF another shot. Scroll to the bottom of this post for a coupon code!
(Above) Me wearing all three products purchased:
Continue reading for my video and review...
1. e.l.f. Essentials Natural Lash Kit ($1) - I got 2 pairs of these in 2004 and wore them many times (cruise dinners w/ parents, nights out, blog photos) before they begged to be discarded. I then resorted to drugstore lashes that were 6 times the price and way too dramatic for my liking. No, these are not quality lashes (don't use a curler on 'em or they get crinkly), and beauty gurus probably scorn them, but they do the job for me.
BEFORE (natural lashes with mascara) ---> AFTER (no mascara, with ELF falsies)
2. e.l.f. Studio Blush ($3) - I was hoping for a true coral, but this came out light pink and a bit sparkly. I think I am biased because my only other blush is by Rock & Republic, which is both matte and pigmented. But the online reviews for this are pretty superb, so don't listen to me...
Repurchase? No, but not a bad product.
3. e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit ($3) - my fave product from this haul. My brows are the weakest point of my face...they are coarse with sparse patches and the hairs stick out wherever they please. I used to use Smashbox Brow Tech to tame & fill them in, so I was thrilled to find this wax/powder combo for a fraction of the Smashbox price.
Before: My natural, patchy brows
After: Still not great brows, but slightly less patchy
Readers - Do any of you own these products? What are your favorite items from this affordable line? Also, I wanted to get some informal feedback about my random beauty & "Life with PAG" posts. I know the premise of this blog is supposed to be petite fashion, so I don't want to stray too far and lose your interest!