Work & travel have consumed my life (blogging from SoCal right now : ), so I apologize for the lack of posts and responses to questions. Unfortunately I don't have any interesting posts ready, but I dug these pics out of my phone to share.
Topshop and I have a love-hate relationship - their styles are trendy and their Petite size 0 fits undeniably small like H&M size 2. But their prices are insane for impractical, trendy styles and their quality is just a step up from F21. And for those who don't live in NYC ... shipping is a scary $15. I love my Topshop moto jacket from this post, but at $120 ... that's more than what I pay for Theory suit jackets on sale!
I was determined to find something springy-y and/or floral during this visit. I was all hyped up for H&M's Garden Collection, but was surprisingly unimpressed and did not buy a single piece. Topshop did deliver in the floral department, but I probably could have gotten 3 things at H&M with the same money.
1. First up is the Floral Frill Top in 0P, $44. Ended up buying this top despite the horrific price for a 100% polyester cropped tank. I was drawn to the peach and teal color combo against the taupe. Outfit post to come soon showcasing this little top.
2. Lace Floral Shawl Tee in 0P, $50 - nothing special, and a satiny skirt with lace trim. The skirt was very tiny and I had to wear it high up on my waist just to get the zipper up.
3. Knitted Striped Jacket in 0P, $85. Basically a navy cardigan with gold buttons and chain detailing:
4. Floral Playsuit in 0P, $100. I was really impressed at how petite this romper was cut. Most sleeved rompers that I've tried on were way too long in the torso, resulting in excess fabric bunching above the waist. This petite romper probably won't fit anyone taller than 5'2". One aspect I did not like was the strong, structured shoulders (too trendy) and of course the price was exorbitant.
5. Unidentified dress in 0P, $240. Interesting, but takes the fairy concept too far. The sales associate could not believe the price either.
6. Lace Slip Dress in 0P, $90. This delicate little dress fit me well, but was much too sheer. It would also look nicer on someone bigger in the bust.
7. Floral Knot Back Dress in 0P, $70. This was a neat little summer dress, but I found that it ran much bigger than everything else I tried on. The 0P could definitely fit a 2 or even 4P. The entire garment drops straight down at the sides, so the tie belt is the only aspect giving it some shape.