Today's post is my everyday casual "uniform." Except maybe swap out the skinny jeans for "jeggings," but my bf detests those and rarely lets me out of the house in them. This oatmeal-colored wrap is my only piece from Vince - the maker of all things comfy and cashmere-y. Vince clothing in general is generously sized and not petite-friendly, but I've found that their thicker knit sweaters (with fold-able sleeve cuffs, like this one) in size XS fit okay for an "oversized" casual look.
Tank: F21 basic cami in S (sold here for $2.50)
Cardigan: Vince Cashmere Wrap in womens XS
Jeans: H&M Kids Skinny Jeans in sz 11/12
Pumps: Mossimo Nude pumps from Target in sz 5.5 (sold here)
Necklace: J.Crew Crystal Symphony necklace
Shop this look in petite-friendly sizes:
The Neutral-Colored Wrap Sweater
1. Old Navy Short Sleeve Belted Wrap Cardigan in "Earthly" sz XS
2. Ann Taylor LOFT Textured Wrap Cardigan in XXS
3. Armani Exchange Plaited Wrap Cardigan in XS. The cropped style looks extra petite-friendly!
The Dark Skinny Jean
1. PacSun Dark Skinny Jeans in 00 - a bargain at only $14.99. These run quite small...I needed a 0!
3. True Religion Petite Stella Skinny Jeans in 24. The Stella or the Julie (with flap pockets) are my favorite skinny jeans ever. I own the kids Stella in a girls 12 but the snap button is a b**tch because it always comes unsnapped in public. A 31 inch "petite" inseam is still long, but I suppose these would look great cuffed.
The Nude Colored Almond-Toe Pump
1. Nine West Rocha Pumps in Tan - very popular based on reviews. Also saw them on eBay in sz 5!
3. Aldo Mid-Heel Suede Pump in Taupe - on major sale and perfect for lots of walking.
Skinny jeans aren't for everybody, but I love them for lengthening my short legs. Nude pumps also works wonders when worn with bare legs!
Click "Read More" for more pics.
Not yet awake...
Too tiny to read ... but my Life is Good mug says "Do what you like, like what you do ®." How do you trademark a sentence like that?
Although I'm usually a big proponent of belts to "cinch" the waist, I prefer this cardigan without. The belt makes it look too bathrobe-like.
The man-made leather on these look very synthetic, and the fit in the toe-bed is a tiny bit wide - so am I crazy for still liking them and keeping them? They were $25 after a retailmenot coupon ... oh well. They'll get lots of wear this Spring and Summer and I won't feel bad for beating them up.
PS - I just discovered Google reader. I'm really behind the times, lol. Of course it makes sense to browse new posts of all the blogs I'm following in one pane. I love you, Google. More reason to follow!